two

"so my mom is making me and roderick stay with our grandpa at his nursing home this weekend." "ok?" "and i convinced her to let you come, if you want of course." "i'll have to ask my mom, when are you leaving?" "in two hours, there's a pool so bring a swimsuit." "ok i'll ask, i'll call you in a second." "ok. bye."

i hang up the phone. i charge my phone and go downstairs. "good morning sweetie." my dad says reading the newspaper. "good morning." i say. my mom places waffles infront of my dad and i. "thanks momma." i say. i grab blueberry from the fridge. "soo...greg invited me somewhere." i say. "greg?" my dad asks. "greg heffley dad, the boy down the street. i've been friends with him for ten years." i say and sit down. "ohh him, yes, where to?" my dad asks. "to his grandpas nursing home, he says it's really fun and there's a pool." i explain. "will his strange brother be there?" my mom asks. "he's not strange mom, and yes roderick will be there." i say. "how long?" dad asks. "only for the weekend." i say. "when are you leaving?" mom asks. "about two hours." i say. "you better start packing." she says. i smile. "thank you." i say. i quickly eat my food. i take my plate to the sink and wash it. "it was delicious thank you." i say. i run to the stairs. i facetime greg.

"i can go." i say smiling. "great! i'll stay on the phone with you while i pack." he says. i nod and grab my duffel bag and start packing.
-
the drive to the nursing home was only ten to fifteen minutes.

"i heard holly's grandma lives here." i say. "maybe you could see her and get a little action." i add elbowing greg as we sit in a separate room for everyone else. "hey y/n.." greg says. "yeah?" i ask. "have you ever kissed anyone?" he asks. i slowly shake my head wondering where this is going. "what if we...what if we kissed? just practicing though!" greg says. "oh...umm..sure?" i say. greg smiles. "you have to close your eyes though, because if you don't it'd just be weird." i say. he nods. i quickly lean in and kiss him. i pull away. it was short but sweet i guess. it was just for practice though. there's a knock at the door. "come in." greg says and puts his hand on my knee. i look down at his hand confused. "grandpa says we're going down to the game room." roderick says. he looks down at greg's hand for a moment then back up at me. i give him a slight shrug and get off the bed.

"this game is called gut busters, you read the joke card and everyone tries not to laugh!" his grandpa says. greg pulls a joke card and says some unfunny joke, roderick takes a sip of milk and their grandpa holds in his laughter. their grandpa bursts out laughing and roderick spits his milk out on greg. i cover my mouth with my hand. "i'm gonna go change my shirt." greg says. "i'll come with." i say
-
i lay down on the edge of the blow up mattress with greg. "oh my god move over." i say. "you can come up here y/n there's more room." roderick says laying on the bed. i get butterflies. "she's fine." greg says. "actually i will, thanks rodrick." i say and get up. greg quietly scoffs. rodrick lifts up the covers to the bed and i lay down. i softly yawn and turn away from rodrick. i feel his hand lightly brush my back and my waist. i slightly move closer to him a bit. he hesitantly drapes his hand over my waist. i smile to myself.