Chapter 41

Edena's POV

I've never seen Adrian like this, he always has been a confident person. But now he, somehow seen pretty shaken with something. And I know deep in my heart that it has something to do with the elders and me staying there. I can tell that it's pretty bad from the way he hesitated before like he was scared that I might reject him, that something changed between us in these past days that would make me think twice about us. Though he seems okay now I can't let it slight, I need to erase whatever doubt or fear he has. It has to wait for now as I need to deal with the rest of the family. My confidence that they would be okay got shaken badly after seeing Adrian.

I know I don't have to wait for them to come and true to that dad came within 3 minutes of me calling them. It's really good to have the link back.

We were still standing by the window when dad entered and it was like a blur and then dad was hugging me tightly. I can feel all his emotions on him. They were so strong, the fear that he was feeling and the feeling of failure and disheartened, that I could taste them and it broke my heart further.

"Dad, I'm here, and I'm fine."

"Dad, it's okay."

I called him but he still didn't give me any response, he just kept hugging me. I take a step back despite dad holding me strongly so I could make him see that I'm here and I'm not going anywhere.

"Daddy look at me, see I'm right here and I won't go anywhere."

"I'm sorry baby, daddy failed you. I couldn't protect you back then. I am so so sorry."

"Hey, dad. It was not your fault and I don't blame you at all."

"But I should have done something back there to stop them."

"You know better than me that no one can stop elders, after all, it was you who told me 

everything about them. So, you know you couldn't do anything. and I don't put blame on you or anyone else."

"Eddy, I'm sorry. I....I came to bring you back home but.....but I couldn't find the castle. I tried so many times but I failed every time. I'm sorry, I failed as a brother to protect you.", Kyle said as he hugged me from the back.

"No one failed at anything. No one.", I said while looking at all of them. They all need to understand that they are not at fault here.

"They didn't hurt you right."

"No.", I'm going to leave it to that, they don't need to know everything. Especially now.

"I'm sorry too. If it wasn't for me George (Stephen's brother) and Mark (Alpha) wouldn't have done anything like this."

"Stephen, you couldn't control their action, so you're not to blame here. They are adults who should understand that the world doesn't fit in their rigid image, and everyone has the right to make their own choices. But leave it, you tell me did my stupid brother give you any trouble."