Chapter 12 (Part 1)

Isadora POV

My brown eyes shut tightly as my family and I soared through the air. Bits of glass and debris flew by, scraping my skin. I could feel the scorching heat given off by the explosion, slightly burning the ends of my hair.

My body hit the east wall with a hard thud, and gravity pulled me down onto the marble floor. Landing with a painful grunt, I pried my eyes open to see where my father was. Tony lay face down against the north wall, clutching his chest as his panicked eyes frantically searched for nothing in particular. Fear crawled up through my spine as I recognized what was happening to him. My legs began to move on their own, springing to life and taking the rest of my numb body with them. Sprinting as fast as possible towards him, the only thing I could feel was the adrenaline pumping through my racing heart.

Dropping my body to the floor in a slide, I reached my father and began to examine him as the recollection of all the knowledge I had learned from books over the years filled my head. Frantic breathing, irregular pulse, and dilated pupils - the tell-tale signs of an anxiety attack. Unfortunately, I didn't know any immediate or effective cures for such a medical emergency. My heart sank as I realized that I was of no use to my father in his time of need,

Only seconds had passed, however it felt like a millennia. Taking notice of my father's unsteady and declining health, I did the only thing I could think of.

"Steve!" I screeched at the top of my lungs, hoping that the famous hero would hear me and come to the rescue.

I saw the blonde hair and legendary shield make its way towards me from across the room, Steve jumping over and easily avoiding the debris.

 “Thor, Natasha, and Clint!” He yelled authoritatively, “Take Pepper and Bruce to safety and see what the hell is going on! I got them!”

The rest of the team agreed readily, knowing that Steve was always in charge in times of crisis or combat.

“Isadora, are you alright?” His eyes had a look of fear and determination as he scanned the little area where my father and I were.

“I’m fine, but he’s not. He’s having another anxiety attack! What do we do?”

Steve looked at me in thought, wondering what he had to do in order to get Tony better. He was an essential part of the team, and they needed Iron Man out in the field. Suddenly, a look of recognition flew across the captain’s face as he sprung up and ran towards the nearly destroyed bar. Ripping a cabinet’s door off its hinges, he reached in and pulled out a high-tech steel syringe filled with bright blue liquid.

“It’s something your dad made,” he explained to me as he saw the look of pure confusion on my face. Steve had returned to my side as he hovered over Tony, ripping a hole in his shirt right above his arc reactor.  

By now, Tony was in absolute hysterics. I had to put all my weight on his body to barely contain him from thrashing about like a fish out of water. Acting quickly, Steve raised the arm with the needle in his hand and rapidly brought it down and into the designated spot on his chest. His thumb pushed the liquid in slowly, however, giving my father time to react to the medication.

Almost instantly, Tony calmed down a considerable amount. His eyes no longer had a far-away look to them as he peered up to me and let out a slight laugh.

“Well that was a little too dramatic, don’t you think?” He smirked.

Rolling my eyes, I briefly smiled down at my father in amusement. Only he could laugh about something like this at time of crisis.

“Isadora,” Steve began abruptly, “Go and take the stairs down to the second basement and contact Phil, Director Fury, Maria or anyone you can from S.H.I.E.L.D. Tell them what’s happened and see if they can send back-up. It seems as if the action is all over, but I still want to know who the hell got away with this.”

I stalled slightly, not wanting to leave behind the people I cared about when lives were in danger. Steve noticed my hesitance and spoke louder.

“I’ll take care of your dad, now go!”

Jerking up and off the floor, my hair blew back as I quickly ran to follow my first set of orders.