Chapter 2

Tony POV

"You have a daughter, Tony." Those five words kept ringing in my head as I sat there in Nick's office. He had gone to go do something. If he had mentioned it, I wasn't paying attention. I was a little distracted.

A daughter? Are you kidding me? I can't be a father! I can't be that responsible, especially for another human that I gave life to. What if I turn this kid into a screw up? I don't want that kind of pressure on my shoulders! I can't do this! Are they even sure this kid is mine?

I heard the door open and softly shut. I felt a small hand on my shoulder. I immediately knew it was Pepper. She didn't say anything at first, just kept her hand there as I stared off into space, thinking.

"Nick told me," she said quietly, "I don't know what to say, Tony." I didn't answer for a while, just continued staring off.

"There is nothing you can say, Pepper. You didn't do anything." Pepper sighed quietly as she dropped her bag to the ground, making her way over to stand in front of me. Crouching down, she levels her face with mine as she cups my cheeks with her small hands and looks me in the eyes.

"It's going to be okay, Tony. You'll find a solution. You always do." I gave her a soft smile as I pulled her to sit on my lap. She makes herself comfortable as I move a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"What if I screw this kid up? What if she's already screwed up? Pepper, I can't do this. I'd be a horrible fath-" Pepper silenced me with a soft kiss.

"Don't say that," she said after she pulled away. She looked into my eyes seriously as she continued. "I'm sure you will be a wonderful father. Tony, you can do this." I looked back at her and sighed.

"You know you're good at this kind of stuff. You should be one of those motivational speakers that goes and talks to kids. You'd be good at that." Pepper shook her as she let out a small laugh. She opened her mouth to say something, but we were interrupted by the sound of a door opening.

"Tony, would you like to meet her?" Fury asked me quietly. I looked at him, than back at Pepper. She nodded her head in encouragment.

"Sure," I responded lamely as Pepper got up from my lap, pulling me up in the process.

She held my hand reassuringly as Nick led us down into where my . . . daughter was. I had asked to not be told anything about her, so I didn't even know this girl's name. I could feel the nervousness building up in my chest as my heart began to beat rapidly again. What if she hates me, I thought to myself as we rounded yet another corner. What if she doesn't want me in her life? I know I said I didn't want a kid, but to still be rejected by your own flesh and blood. . .

We stopped at the outside of a big metal door. This was it.

"Are you ready to meet your daughter, Tony?" I nodded my head hesitantly. It's now or never, Tony. You got this, big guy.

Nick opened the door, and there sat my daughter.

Isadora POV

I was awoken from my deep sleep by a pretty redhead woman wearing a skin-tight, dark blue suit.

"Are you Isadora?" She asked me with a polite smile as she crouched down.

"Y-Yes," I responded quietly. I was never really much of a talker and whenever the oppurtunity to do so came up, my voice always trembled.

"Well, Isadora. Why are you sleeping in an alley?" She asked me quietly with a sincere expression on her face.

I had fallen asleep here last night, not being able to walk anymore from the extreme cold and hunger I was experiencing. I spotted the alley around the time I thought I was going to die for sure that night, and thanked the heavens I found it. I usually slept in alleys or behind buildings, so it didn't bother me at all. Dare I say it, but I was actually comfortable.