Chapter 10

Isadora POV

"LADY ISADORA! YOU MUST ARISE FROM YOUR SLUMBER! THE DAY OF THE MASS OF CHRIST HAS COME!"

I jerked open my eyes and immediately sat up in the bed I was currently sleeping in. Thor stood in my room, along with Steve, dressed in their pajamas from the night before. I had to admit, it was a funny, yet adorable sight to see two towering and muscled men in the cheesy Christmas pajamas my father had gotten for all of us. While Steve wore a variety of ornaments on his, Thor had insisted he wear the ones with tiny Santa Clauses’. He said they looked like Odin, which made me burst into laughter.

S.H.I.E.L.D had provided me with a basic room here at the base, since my father was staying here for a “special project” that was “too dangerous” for me to even know about. I just assumed they were exaggerating because they believed that it was just something that a child was not meant to here. But, yet again, I’m not an ordinary child.

The first day I moved in here would always be a memorable one. The recent memory clouded my head as I looked around the simple room.

“And here’s your room, kid,” said Tony as he opened a plain white door that led into a basic bedroom.

Stepping in cautiously, I familiarized myself with what would be my temporary shelter. Surprisingly, there wasn’t that much white décor; unlike every other room in the building that was drenched in the color of absolute nothingness.

The walls were a soft gray, with a black metal frame bed against the left corner of the north wall covered in simple, soft yellow bedding. A black couch was placed against the west wall on a large yellow rug, facing the large plasma television hung high on the east wall. In front of the couch, a basic white coffee table held an antique looking bowl of gray candles. Near the television, a white book shelf held a variety of novels that ranged from the classics to the modern bestsellers. Another plain white door was located on the east wall as well. Feeling adventurous, my legs led me to what was a simple, but nice bathroom decorated in shades of yellow and gray. Located on the far side of the bathroom, was a decently sized closet.

“Fury had said that they had prepped a room for you, knowing that you’d be staying here for a little while.”

“This is all for me?” I asked in complete awe as I walked back into the room and gently placed my backpack on the floor.

“Sure is kid,” Tony said with a sad look on his face; however, he didn’t try to show that in his voice, It sounded almost like a happy tone; almost.

Making my way slowly to the edge of the soft bed, I ran my dirty hand across the beautiful fabric.

“I’ve never slept in one before,” I murmured unconsciously as I marveled at the unfamiliar object that was something so common for most people.

“What, you’ve never slept in a queen sized bed before?” Tony said with a small smile as he padded gently over to where I stood. Looking up at him with an emotionless face, my eyes bored into his as I opened my mouth to speak.

“I’ve never slept in a bed,” I whispered.

Snapping out of my thoughts, my eyes drifted slowly to the small digital clock on the left wall as my mouth couldn’t help but to open in a loud yawn. 6:54 AM. Someone shoot me, please.

“Christmas, Thor,” I said a little irritably as I rubbed my eyes of their sleep. “It’s Christmas.”

Realizing on what I had just said, I looked up quickly and grinned. The two men laughed at me as I untangled myself from the sheets, bounding my way towards the door. Taking each of their hands, we basically ran down the halls towards the lounge where I knew the Christmas presents would be. I just couldn’t wait for everyone to open their gifts; I wanted to see that I had made someone happy.