Chapter 11

Tony POV

“Why such festivities on this night?” questioned a dumbfounded Thor as Isadora reached up to place a party hat on his head.

We were all at Stark Tower, celebrating the night on the top floor overlooking the city that never sleeps. It wasn’t like one of my crazy parties, where everyone was getting shit-faced and trashing everything. It was just us.

“It’s the New Year,” explained Bruce with a light laugh as he put on his own hat, “Doesn’t Asgard celebrate a new year?”

“Well, yes, I suppose we do. But our celebrations are much grander, no offense.”

“None taken, Thunder Thighs,” I said as I knocked back my second, and last, shot of vodka for the night. I decided to stop drinking so heavily since Isadora’s in the picture now. I’m a father now, and I guess I don’t want to put a bad influence on the kid. Plus, Pepper doesn’t like for me to drink either.

God, I am so whipped. I’m Tony Stark! I’m not supposed to give a rat’s ass whether or not someone likes my drinking habits or not. I suppose that’s not the case anymore.

“Alright guys,” began Steve with a smile on his face and a bottle in his hand, “It’s 11:30. Half an hour until midnight!”

We all cheered, taking a sip of our drinks. Well, everyone but me. Even Isadora had a little glass of sparkling grape juice. She scrunched her face at the flavor it, saying that it tasted sour.

“It’s an acquired taste,” I told her as I grabbed the glass out of her hand and took a small sip. Handing it back to her, she held up her dainty hand with an adorable grimace on her face.

“Keep it,” she said with a laugh, “It’s yours.” Shrugging, I knocked back the rest of the drink and placed it on the counter.

“Jarvis,” said Pepper as she walked over to us and placed an arm around my shoulders, “How about some music?”

“Certainly, Miss Potts,” replied my best buddy, “What would you prefer?”

“Can we listen to the band we heard in the car the other day?’ asked Isadora with a big smile on her face.  “Food Fighters?”

“Foo Fighters, sweetie,” I laughed. “You heard the lady, Jarvis.”

“Of course, sir.”

Walk began to play softly from the speakers above as everyone gathered around the bar. No one was drunk; well, not yet anyways. I think Clint was pretty close; his eyes looked a little far away. Natasha and Thor were still pretty sober, and I know those two can handle a lot of liquor. Bruce can’t drink because of “the other guy” and Steve just can’t get drunk period. Phil and Nick couldn’t be here tonight, said they had a “top secret mission” to attend to. I just think they didn’t want to get stuck cleaning up any mess we made.

“So, Nat,” began Isadora, “What’s your New Year’s Resolution?”

“What?” she replied with a laugh. “I don’t have one, never have.”

“Seriously?” said Clint, “Why not?”

“I don’t know. There’s nothing that I really want to change about myself. And the things I really want to change, are irreversible.”

Everyone grew silent at her words. We all knew somewhat of Natasha’s past in Russia. She had worked with a group who made her do some things that she’s not very proud of. Clint was sent to take her out, but made a different call instead.

 I honestly don’t know what made him put down the bow and arrow. Maybe it was her beauty, maybe it was her story. No one really knows, but everyone’s happy with the choice he made.