17- Answers

Meira walked into the house and sat down on the couch, her father following close behind, seating himself in front of her.

Trace stood by the door of the room.

"Where do you want me to start?"

"What do you owe Taehyung's father."

Oscar took a deep breath before saying

"Your mother."

....

Meira got all the answers she wanted.

Albeit vague answers.

Taehyung's father and her mother were like Trace and her. Except he was of the mafia bloodline

"He's completely out of that now. But he once rivalled our strength."

He had sworn to protect her. That was the only condition he had for a young Oscar to marry her.

And yet he had failed.

He ran his fingers through his hair as he recounted that fact.

Taehyung's father had wiped out Gloss's entire family in an encounter years ago.

It was only right he did that with the entire bloodline now. Before coming for the man himself, Taehyung's dad.

Something about making him suffer.

"But I don't even know that man. Nor does he know me. I didn't even know they existed so why me?" Meira asked in a frenzied panic "why didn't he kill me that day"

"Something about making you suffer before our eyes- "

Trace dropped his head into his hands as Meira's face went blank.

"May. When you were next to me, I could ensure your safety. But you insisted that you wanted a couple of years of normalcy-"

"SO IT'S MY FAULT AFTER ALL-"

"No, no honey... No. You had never asked for anything before that. And when you asked me that, I- I couldn't say no. That was the only thing she had wanted for you too..." He said, his voice giving out at the end of it.

They sat there in silence until Meira took a deep breath and sat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"May... As much as I want to let you go. I can't- if- if you're not better... I'm so sorry-" he said as he sighed, dropping his face in his palms.

"I'm fine... Just. Don't hide anything like this from me. I don't like being in the dark... You know that."

"May, he's serious- I'm serious about that. We can't leave you out of our sight if you're not over-" Trace started cautiously

"I'm fine. Besides, I'm the one who's part of the mafia between the two of us.  I'll manage. He's the one that needs protecting", she says with a smile.

"I hope that protection doesn't involve you aiming your gun at my head," Trace said with a chuckle as May's dad snorted, causing her to playfully smack him on his back

"What was that about-" he says as he chuckles.

"Trace was getting on my nerves. That's what happens when anyone gets on my nerves."

"I'll keep that in mind and ensure you don't have a gun with you the next time you're around us." Trace said as he took her gun out of his pocket.

Trace's stomach grumbled, causing him to blush furiously