going over lines w/ harry

Anonymous said:

Run lines for her plays!! Go over lines, he reads the other parts so she can practice her lines!

I had some time so I wrote this! I hope you like it! It briefly features a love boner :-)

***

Harry runs his hand over Faye's ankle softly, using his free hand to sketch a new design for a possible tattoo. He's been on a drawing streak lately, and his clients have been loving what he has to put out, so the inspiration only drives him to continue and strive to make the best outlines. He enjoys pulling out his notebook and presenting the customer with a chance to flip through the pages, delighted when one of his designs is picked.

Right now, he's sketching a small flower for a teenager who had come in for a consultation earlier that week. He tells them the same thing he tells most young people: start small. There's less room for error that way, and in the unlikely event that they become unhappy with their choice, Harry's confident enough with his skills to be able to turn the tattoo into something else.

He invited Faye over so they could work together. He picks his head up to glance at her, sitting beside him on the couch with her feet in his lap. He gives her ankle another gentle squeeze to get her to look at him. She has the deepest frown on her face as her eyes read over the lines on her – frankly, thick – script, and he doesn't think she's looked up even once since she's gotten here.

"Alright?" Harry murmurs, placing his sketchbook to the side.

She finally looks up. "Yeah," she replies distractedly. "Yeah, I'm good. I just... can't memorize my lines."

"Is it long?"

"No. It's just a lot to process in my head."

Harry hums and holds his hand out. "Let me see it."

She easily hands it off to him and then tilts her head back, sighing. "My eyes hurt."

"Why don't you turn the lamp on, yeah? We've got to change the light bulbs, I know, but it's Timothée's job this time. I did it last time."

He lets her go, and she scrambles to stand up and turn the lamp on. While she gets up, she ends up going to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water.

Harry reads over the script, realizing he's never actually seen a script before. Somehow, it resembles what it does in movies, but the acting cues are very limited.

He doesn't have a chance to actually read the scene since he begins to flip through the script quickly in fascination. She comes back and instead of sitting in her original seat, she ends up right next to him, her cheek pressed against his shoulder, arms around him. "Difficult, isn't it?" He places the script in her lap.

"I didn't read it, love. It's crazy though, this is very impressive."

"Thanks, but the first few times reading isn't so fun."

Harry purses his lips and turns his head to look at her. Her eyes are closed, hand resting on his tummy. He bends down and presses a soft kiss to the top of her head that has her opening her eyes slowly. Although they are half lidded, he can see the amount of adoration she has for him, and she tilts her head up, puckering her lips. Harry smiles and kisses her tenderly, tucking a strand of pink hair behind her ear.

"You've got this," he says quietly, trailing his lips over her cheek. "I know you do."

"I'll end up doing it," she sighs, rubbing her eye. "But I don't think I'll be satisfied with it."