harry and faye's double date

Anonymous asked:

Will you please write something about Harry and Faye where she is really struggling with her anxiety and has an anxiety attack and Harry is there to help her? comfort things <3 I love your writing <3

***

Faye is forced to stop fidgeting when Harry, who is still talking to the people in front of him across the table, leans over and puts his hand on Faye's leg.

"Well, you know, it took years to even step into a tattoo shop and say I want to work there. So much training and practicing goes into it," Harry is saying, his bright eyes animated as he speaks. "So if you come get a tattoo done, I'm pretty confident it would be good. How is it that I've never tattooed anyone in the family yet?"

Faye looks down and notices his palm is upright, and she slowly slides her hand against his. His grip on her hand is very firm.

They're on a double date today. Faye's least favorite type of date. If she could melt into the floor and stay there for the rest of the night, that would be great. It's Harry's cousin they're on a date with, and Faye's honestly not sure how long they've been here or why the food is taking so long to come.

Harry's cousin and his boyfriend are very nice, Faye has to admit. But they're also just like Harry: very extroverted and very talkative.

"It's so cool that two super creative people found each other," the cousin says to Faye. "Do you have any shows coming up?"

Oh, great. Now he's talking to her? Faye holds Harry's hand tighter, his rings digging into her skin. "In a few weeks, yes."

"She's the lead as usual," Harry informs them proudly.

"That's so cool! I'd love to come see a show. Where is the theater company?"

Faye tells him.

"But," Harry says, smiling, "Faye's also been sending audition clips for movies, so she does a lot more than theater."

"Yes," Faye says. "I'm trying."

It's enough to make Harry's cousin and his boyfriend raise their eyebrows. Just like Harry, they're also easy to impress. "Wow! I've never met anyone who's worked in movies!"

"They're just independent movies," Faye feels the need to clarify. "Not, like, Hollywood."

"Yet," Harry says, taking a sip of his wine. "Oh, the food is here."

While the waiter sets down the food for all four of them, Harry brings their joined hands into his lap, and he turns his head, probably to assess Faye's face.

She looks at him. His lips are pursed and his eyes narrowed. "You had coffee today," he comments, releasing her hand slowly, turning it over. She's been picking at her nails. He clicks his tongue disapprovingly. "Faye. Is that why you're so jittery?"

"I woke up late," she hastily explains. "I didn't have time for breakfast and I just grabbed it from the cafe."

"But that was in the morning. Did you have another?"

"No."

"'Why are you shaking? Are you cold?"

"No, Harry."

Her hair is left out today, and he reaches out before he can stop himself to tuck her outgrown bangs behind her ear.

"Harry," she whispers again, embarrassed. "Don't."

Faye raises her head to quickly steal a glance at their company, but she's relieved to know that they're talking to the waiter to order something else or pointing out a mistake is their food. They're not paying attention to them.