Chapter 3

Hours passed and Ava just sat in the back of the van not a word coming out of her mouth, she kept grunting and breathing heavy every once and awhile. Beatrice sat next to her, a worried look stitched on her face, for what seemed like permanently.

"He's not dead guys" Ava spoke out with an exacerbated sigh, turning to beatrice with a pleading look in her eyes to believe her. "He's not dead..."

"Okay, then we need to find that fucking bastard" Mary spoke up, loading her shotgun while she spoke.

"We will get him Ava, I swear it" Beatrice spoke, never breaking eye contact with Ava.

"Thank you" Ava cried letting her head fall on Beatrice's shoulder and sleep. Ava dreamed of Adriel killing everyone she loved, but there was total heartbreak as she watched him snap Beatrice's neck

"NOO!!" She awoke screaming

"What? What's wrong? Does your back hurt?Are you okay?" Beatrice rushed out her voice laced with worry and fear.

"I'm okay, my back is fine, actually.." Ava said getting lost in Beatrice's eyes realizing there might have been a deeper reason that watching beatrice die hurt so much. Beatrice was just as lost. Mary just looked back and forth between the two of them confused as to what was going on.

"We've got one more hour and we will be there" Lilith spoke from the driver's seat

"Oh shit I forgot you were here" Camilla chimed up from the corner

"What the fuck? I forgot you were here" Mary jumped "All of you guys have me totally confused!" Mary laughed, nudging Camilla and Beatrice. Everyone sat in quite hoping for the very best, everyone hoped Ava's pain would soon end for her because as much as they hated to admit it, they needed her. That's when she started screaming again.

"He wants the Halo" Ava whispered "He's going to come for the Halo" She said fear in her eyes. She looked at all of them.

"Well on a less scary note we are here" Lilith spoke from the front

"Good I need some sleep, screaming beauty right here keeps waking me" Mary remarked. Ava hobbled out of the car with Beatrice by her side in case she fell.

"I Guess it's taking me a little longer than 7 minutes to fully heal" Ava laughed, Beatrice rolled her eyes and made a remark about not joking about these things. Ava leaned more of her weight on Beatrice as her eyes began to slide shut.

"Woah" Ava shouted, shooting up suddenly feeling 100% and feeling the Halo heal her body she felt more relaxed and down to earth. "I'm good, I'm back to being the bad bitch warrior nun" Ava laughed jumping on mary's back