Chapter 5

HELLOOOO! I am back, I left for army bootcamp in October and I just got back and I am ready to write and keep this story rolling.

When Mary rose in the morning she was immediately alarmed by the absence of Beatrice and Ava. She grabbed her two shotguns and went to go take a look at the city hoping there wasn't any signs of a battle. Around the corner of a building she saw a leg sticking out, she slowly rounded the corner to find Ava and Beatrice asleep against the building wall. Ava's head resting on Beatrice's shoulder with their hands interlaced. Mary shook her head and poked Beatrice with her shotgun.

"Rise and shine love bird, What's happening here?" Mary teased a grin plastered across her face at the pure shock etched on Beatrice's face.

"I followed Ava out here last night when she couldn't sleep, We took a seat too watch the sunrise because we don't know when our next moment of peace will be and I guess we must have drifted off to sleep at some point." Beatrice answered as if it was perfectly normal.

"You guys could try talking a little quieter, there's a girl trying to sleep right here" Ava laughed finally opening here eyes.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty, my apologizes for waking your beauty rest, it's not like we are fighting a fucking war or anything" Mary snarked back laughing at how ridiculous the two of them looked asleep against the building. Beatrice stood up and Ava stay there on the ground.

"Well are you going to get up?" Beatrice asked confused at the blank expression covering Ava's face. "Ava?" Ava blinked a few times and shook her head and got to her feet obviously rattled by whatever just happened.

"Care to enlighten us on what the hell that just was?" Mary asked grabbing Ava shoulder and giving her a little shake.

"yeah just something doesn't feel right, something is wrong. We should head back to the church and get Lilith and Camilla" Ava said heading straight for the church at a run. "I think he knows we are here, we need to get moving. We can't stay in one place for long, Mary go get the van and meet us outback of the church" Ava yelled while running faster for the church. Her feet were carrying her as fast as they could but she still felt she was moving too slow, something was wrong, Ava could feel it. That's when it happened again, her back was on fire and all she could see was Adriel's face. The only thing she could feel was pain, she could no longer place where it was coming from just that it was covering her whole body.

Beatrice watched in horror as Ava collapsed on to the ground in front of the church screaming in anguish. Beatrice ran to her, she tried to wake her, she tried to make it easier but Ava's eyes were rolled into the back of her head. Her screams were ripping through Beatrice's heart.