44. Go.

Chapter 44: Go.

"What do you mean by it's not his?" Adam asks her.

"Look, I went to this party and I was drunk and it happened so fast and I-" She says, but I cut her off.

"Got pregnant. For God's sake, Hannah. We leave for college in two weeks. You can't go there pregnant." I tell her.

"Quit yelling. She's in enough trauma already." Adam tells me.

"Look, I'll handle it." She tells me.

"How?" I ask her.

"It's none of your business anymore, it's my cross to bear. I'll see you, Adam." She says before she leaves the house.

"Well, that was a total shit show." Adam says, folding his arms.

"I'm just shocked to the core." I tell him.

"I got some pop tarts in the fridge, how about we pop those bad guys in the microwave and have ourselves a party?" He suggests.

"Sure." I reply, weakly.

He heads into the kitchen and I plop my body on the sofa, laying on my back.

It's been a long day.

***

"You can't be serious right now." I tell Hannah as she drives towards a clinic downtown.

"Yes, I am." She tells me with an emotionless look on her face.

"You can't just kill the baby." I say trying to reason with her.

"Yes, I can. And the father is cool with it." She tells me.

"He is no father if he can't even own up to his responsibility." I say, folding my arms in my seat.

"Well, that's what I get for screwing a freaking drug dealer." She says as she makes a right turn.

"How would you have known besides he looked hot from the pictures you showed me." I tell her as she puts the car in park.

I stare out the window and I see a tall building with the words "Fleming Health Institute." written on the top.

"You sure about this?" I ask her.

"Obviously. And it's not like I have a choice." She says as she gets out of the car. I do the same and trail behind her as she walks inside the building.

She starts talking to the receptionist and she leads us into another waiting room. Hannah and I take a seat and we wait.

"You can still change your mind, you know. It's not too late." I say, trying to talk her out of it.

"My mind is made, okay. I'm doing this." She says with a firm tone.

"I'm just saying, what if this kid finds the cure for Cancer or even better he ends world poverty? Wouldn't you want to have the perk of being their parent?" I ask her.

"Nope." She replies, popping the P.

"Fair enough." I nod, leaning into the chair.

"Miss Granite, the doctor will see you now." A nurse tells Hannah and she stands up and follows her.

"Wish me luck." She mouths to me but I give her a thumbs down.

I am awoken by someone shaking me vigorously.

"Huh?"

"Wake up, sleepy head." Hannah says, pulling me off the chair.

"Was I asleep?" I ask her.