12. Trouble is there as well.

Chapter 12: Trouble is there as well.

I walk towards the door, taking slow steps towards the front porch as I see Adam sitting beside a flower pot.

"Hey, about what I said in there, I didn't mean it. I was way out of line." I say as I sit beside him.

"Okay." He says, unaffected by my words.

"Okay? I'm sorry." I tell him.

"Apology not accepted. We're supposed to be friends, Vee." He says, staring at me.

"You chose Courtney over me. You picked a side. You are my friend, not Courtney's. Courtney is taking everything I have away from me. She has Zachary, now she has you, I don't want to be alone." I reveal.

"That's the problem. You're not the only human being on planet earth." He tells me.

"I'm not?" I ask him, sarcastically.

"Don't play with me." He says, chuckling.

"I'm sorry for talking about your parents like that. I understand if you don't want to be friends with me anymore. What I did was degrading and unforgivable." I tell him.

"It was, but I can't just throw years of friendship away because of a stupid fight." He says, smiling.

"Come here." I tell him.

He leans into my body and I wrap my arms around him.

"I love you, Marshmallow Greg." I say, calling him by the nickname I gave him in the seventh grade.

"The feeling is mutual, Spaghetti Stacy." He says, smiling.

I let go of him as he turns to face me.

"Now, let's go inside and have fun." He screams.

"Yes please." I say, piling after him.

We walk into the house and everyone immediately stares looking at us.

"What? You haven't seen two best friends before." I ask and they all cheer.

We walk over to the sofa we were sitting on and I sit beside Blake.

"You guys made up?" Hannah asks.

"Yeah." We say at the same time.

I flash Adam a smile.

"Well, that's good. Meanwhile, Hannah and I will be upstairs doing some making up of our own." Chad says, standing up.

He drags Hannah's hand and she turns around to wave at us.

"Eww." Adam says, beside me.

"I'm so bored." I say as I lean back into my chair.

"Well, your boredom just ended. Look who just walked in." Blake tells me.

I shoot my eyes up and I see Zachary.

Damn, he looks good.

He is dressed in a maroon muscle tee and black jeans. His dark curly hair blocks his right eye.

"Good for him." I tell Blake.

Courtney appears beside Zachary and my heart sinks in my chest.

"What did you expect? He already told you that he liked Courtney." My subconscious says.

She's right though.

If Zachary likes her then I'm happy for him.

Liar.