Hello?

(Y/N) looked up, trying to see through the branches. She saw leaves moving and heard footsteps.

"H-Hello?" (Y/N) said. "Is someone up there?"

Rustle, rustle.

"Seriously, is someone there?"

Thump.

(Y/N) yelped. A person had fallen out of the tree and landed just a foot from her.

"Agh... That hurt," the person said, sitting up. They had long periwinkle hair and blue eyes. To (Y/N), she looked very pretty.

"A-Are you o-okay?" (Y/N) asked, genuinely concerned for the girl in front of her.

The blue-eyed girl laughed and got up. "Yes, I'm alright. I thankfully didn't break any bones. Thank you for asking!"

"O-oh. I'm glad you're okay."

The girl stepped forward and said, "Say, you're a really nice person. What's your name?"

(Y/N) smiled and replied, "I'm (Y/N) (L/N). And you?"

"Nejire Hado! Nice to meet you! Could we be friends? You're an interesting person."

Well, that was quite sudden, (Y/N) thought. But she doesn't seem like a bad person and I've never really had a close friend...

"Sure! I would love to, Nejire."

Nejire grinned. "Yay! Do you want to do something, (Y/N)? Or go somewhere?"

"Oh, I was going to just sit here and relax for a bit. But now I want to take you to my family's bakery!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

Nejire's eyes sparkled and she nodded excitedly. "I love sweets! Let's go, (Y/N)!"

The baker girl laughed and held the other girl's hand. "Okay!"

×°×°×°×

"Mom, Dad, this is Nejire Hado! She's my new friend and we just met!" (Y/N) introduced Nejire to her parents ecstatically.

The girl sweetly smiled and waved at (Y/N)' s parsnts, greeting, "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. (L/N)! It's nice to meet you! And may I add that this is a very nice bakery you have here?"

The two adults smiled at the compliment and replied, "Nice to meet you, too, Nejire. Thank you for saying that about our bakery. And, (Y/N), we're glad you made such a kind friend!"

(Y/N) scratched her head and said, "Hehe, yeah. We kind of met because she fell out of a tree..."

"It's like fate wanted us to meet each other and be friends!" the cheerful girl said.

"Oh, Nejire, do you want something to eat? We have a lot of pastries and desserts here. We wouldn't mind giving you some," said Mrs. (L/N).

"Ooh, yes, please! I absolutely love strawberry shortcake!" Nejire was bouncing up and down.

(Y/N)'s father chuckled. "Okay, wait here. I'll get you a slice." He walked into the kitchen to do as he said.

"Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. (L/N)! I see where (Y/N) got her kindness from."

"Thank you, Nejire. Also, do you want to bring some desserts for your parents, too?" (Y/N)'s mom inquired.

"Can I really, Mrs. (L/N)?" Nejire asked.

"Yes, of course. But next time, bring along your parents so they can buy it. And I would also like to meet them."

"Sure thing! Thank you, again," Nejire replied, grateful.

------------------

Hey, you guys...

So, today the chapter isn't that long because I need to stop.

Reason?
My dad just came into my room and I'm supposed to be sleeping... And he just took my brother's bed and slept there so... 😭

I promise that I'll try to update tomorrow for the continuation.

See y'all!