I can't lose you again

Začať od začiatku

Unlike soldiers, the royal family doesn't wear armor. Soldiers wear armor and we just wear clothes that boost our...abilities... Wait why do I have such a sense of deja vu? I feel like I already explained that. Must just be my imagination. We walk to the battlegrounds. You see unlike those petty humans you hear of in legend we don't fight a war to see who attacks first. We have a scheduled battle outside of any kingdom so we don't cause innocent civilians harm. It's also so no unnecessary deaths occur and so we each have a fighting chance. No wait seriously this is so weird. I genuinely feel like I explained this previously. I must just be on edge because if Alfred loses I go back to Francis.

We were walking through the forest to this abandoned field where we are going to hold the battle. In the distance I can already make out the orange flags. Luckily like I said we are each given a fair shot. The diamond kingdom gives time for us to set up. If the diamond kingdom attacks us in that time it's an ultimate win to us, no matter what. I hold Alfred's hand tightly, the butterflies in my stomach going wild. But these butterflies weren't the ones I get while being with Alfred, it's more like a dark monster of anxiety is eating me whole and making me more scared. "Everything will be alright Arthur, I promise you that," Alfred promised as I sighed and clung to his arm. "I hope you're right..." I mutter as he kisses my head looking awfully confident.

"Promise not to use the clock if something goes wrong?" I look up at him already knowing how he is and if he loses me he will probably resort to that. "After this I promise never to use that blasted thing ever again," he promised as I raised an eyebrow looking at him confused. He noticed and laughed. "Why do you look so surprised?" He winked at me as I blushed and clung onto him pouting. "No I just didn't expect you to answer so quickly. And I expected you to whine about it idiot," I cross my arms still hugging his arm close. He chuckled and held my hand. "If it makes my queen happy then I wouldn't even think twice," he smiled as I looked at him skeptically. Okay something is definitely up.

Before I can say anything Matthew who was following after us muttered something. "Alfred knows something we don't... He is planning something," he mumbled looking at his brother as I did the same. No... He isn't going to get himself hurt is he... I hope not... I don't want him hurt... I was just about to say something but I realized we finally arrived. At first this looked like a really easy battle since the Diamond kingdom only had a few soldiers but then Matthew said they were using paintings as soldiers. I sigh and hug Alfred close. Like that the battle began...

Alfred's POV

I'm doing the same as I did before. I knew they were running out of soldiers and I could easily defeat them like that but if I change things too much I will most definitely get killed before I can even save Arthur. I was again fighting Francis as in the corner of my eye I see Arthur using his levitation to fly up in the air. I just keep an eye on him as I fought with Francis the exact same way. And just as before he pushed me over and his guards pinned me to the ground practically crushing my wrist. I know from experience when Francis lowered the sword they slightly let go of me so I can easily get out of their grip and save Arthur

"Goodbye King of spades," Francis mused in that same sing-song voice like before. Again way to cheery for what is happening right now. I didn't close my eyes this time like I did before. Once Arthur was on top of me shielding me from the blade and they weren't pinning me down I flipped me and Arthur over so I was on top. It seems I was just in time because just as I was processing what I just did Francis stabbed me in the side. It's then that I realize he never actually intended to kill me in the first place. He wanted me to surrender or get hurt to win the battle and take Arthur from me while I'm still alive. Cruel bastard...

He took the sword out and almost immediately Arthur put pressure on the wound looking mortified. I smile at him kissing his forehead. "I'm alright Artie," I whisper in his ear as tears started to well up in his eyes. I kissed them away I held him close. The stab was much more painful than I thought but I know if I kept pressure on the wound it will take a while for me to bleed out. Francis seemed to notice this as he gave up his plan on sparing me. He aimed for my heart this time but I blocked him with my sword. I knocked him over so this time he was on the ground. Before he could stand up I pointed my blade to his neck so any movement he made could possibly produce a cut mark on his neck. Trust me he tried to move and it resulted in a cut on the side of his neck.