A tale to be forgotten

HelloooThank you all for the support I'm already getting, I appreciate it a lot since I feel extremely lonely these days😭 Anyway on with the story. BTW this has mentions of abuse (sexual, emotional, verbal and physical abuse) and has mentions of rape. Also mentions of suicide. I'm soooo sorry, but just a disclaimer, like I said before I love France and England, but oh well... I'm so going to hate myself after this one lol😂

Arthur's POV

I woke up from yet another nightmare and started sobbing into the pillow. If Francis hears me, he might do that again... I thought as I calmed down after a bit. I realized my bed is way softer and cozier than before and I didn't feel the scratchy stockings or the tight corset. I finally remembered what happened before I passed out and immediately took a look across the room.

I sighed in relief as I realized I'm one not in my previous room and second not in a dungeon for disrespecting the King. I realized Alfred had fallen asleep on a chair. He looked so cute... Wait what!!! He had on what looked like blue pajamas with spades all over them. His bangs were hanging over his now closed eyes as he let out tiny snores. He had his arms crossed across his chest making me afraid I did something wrong.

Wait... Oh crap! If he spent almost the whole night with me, he didn't have time to meet a queen. Francis was very serious about disrupting guests who were clearly in love or trying to find it. Maybe he's mad that he spent his whole night helping me, a maid worth nothing, that he didn't find a queen! Oh god I'm in so much trouble if he wakes up!

I notice his glasses were almost going to fall off of his face. Without thinking I sat up and tried to take it off. While doing so I accidentally woke him up and he instinctively grabbed my wrist. He opened his tired, sapphire blue eyes that still manages to shine in the dark room, only the moon shining in through the window. "I'm sorry... I was only...trying to take off the glasses before they break... I didn't want to disturb your majesty... I'm sorry..." I hesitantly explained only loud enough so he can hear. He notices what he was doing and immediately lets go of my wrist. I take it back to my chest immediately as a habit I have and it seemed like the King noticed as he looked down in... Sadness...? Maybe the dark is playing tricks on me.

"No, it's alright. You were trying to help that's it. I'm sorry for grabbing you like that, I was taught to have good reflexes by my advisor Yao. I shouldn't have done that..." He smiled reassuringly as he pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose. The room fell silent both of us not knowing what to say. He just kept smiling at me in reassurance. Did Francis tell him what he did to me? Does he want to do the same to me since Francis probably explained it as 'fun and erotic'? Or does he actually want to care for me and protect me? Ha! Who am I kidding?! The only people who really cared for me was my parents and even they betrayed me...

I let out a choked back sob as I had my face in my hands, mostly covering my mouth and my eyes. Alfred seemed to notice because he immediately came closer and tried to hug me. But as always I had to ruin a nice gesture as on instinct I pushed him away from me accidentally pushing him off of the bed making him fall to the ground. I heard the surprisingly soft thud as I immediately knew what was coming. Damnit Arthur! Why are you always like this?! I silently screamed at myself. Alfred stood up immediately as I expected to be screamed at. It once again surprised me when he sat next to me on the bed still keeping his distance. He's maybe afraid of me. The logical part of my brain argued that he's probably keeping his distance to give me personal space. I brought my legs to my chest as I let out tiny sobs into my arm.

"I know what he did to you..." Alfred was the first to break the silence as my eyes widened. Oh god he knows. He's so judging me right now! He sighed sadly. "How...?" I croaked out hesitantly. "Well Francis was talking about a maid he thought was cutely submissive, you were afraid of him, the maids dress and all the bruises and hickeys across your body. All of those aspects were pretty obvious," he pointed out as I stared at him in surprise at the last one. "Wait how do you know about the last one?!" I screamed out the question as I covered myself up. I should've known...