XVII - Amphetamines

Magsimula sa umpisa

"But omg! So kayo na?"

"No."

Is she serious?

"Why?"

"Ansel.. I don't even know if I want a relationship with him.."

"But you like him too.."

"Is that enough?"

She heaved a sigh as she smiled.. she reached out to me, patting my head.. "You think too much.. Sometimes, all you have to do is to jump and fall."

Jump and fall? And then what's next? Bruises? Scars?

"You're not alone. Hurricane will be there when you jump."

"He wasn't there six years ago."

"And six years ago you wouldn't even think of jumping."

**

Sobrang sakit ng ulo ko kinabukasan pero kinelangan ko ng bumangon. Nag-timpla nalang ako ng matapang na kape. Matapang na matapang, mas matapang sakin. Tsk.

"Ansel, are you awake?"

When I got no response naligo muna ako at nag-ayos. I walked into her bed to wake her up nang matapos na'ko mag-bihis since naka-higa padin siya-I was guilty kasi pati siya napuyat dahil sakin-when my phone suddenly rings.

It was maybe my intuition as I suddenly feel alarmed, "Ate?"

"Si Charlie.."

I grabbed my purse as I willed myself to calm down and go straight to my car. My full attention was on my sister, listening to everything she's saying about Charlie's case.

My whole family was already present when I came. They were all laughing at Charlie's story but they just obviously don't want to stress my sister by crying and acting weak again, napatigil lamang sila ng dumating ako.

"Anak," my mom walked up to me for a hug, "I.. I have a patient to check. I'll be back agad." She said as she roamed her eyes. I know it's just a lie.. she just wants to cry privately for her daughter's fate.

I wanted to comfort her.. but I didn't know how..

She's my mom but I didn't know her that much.. besides I can't even give myself a comfort.. I have so many things going on in my mind and Charlie's on top. She's the real concern.

"Me too," Dad said as he stood up. He gave us all a kiss on the forehead before going outside with our Mom.

I chatted on our GC nila Cy and Ansel to excuse me sa class dahil sa emergency. My other classmates messaged me agad, asking kumusta ako and my sister. I just left them on delivered.

Hapon nang dumating sila Cy. My strong facade never fades kahit nang yakapin ako ni Ansel. I don't even know who am I fooling-sila ba o sarili ko?

"Eto.. ano ang tawag sa anak ng taong grasa?" tumingin saming lahat si Cy.. purposely binibitin para mag-tanong kami ng kasunod.

"Ano daw?" Lola asked.

"Edi baby oil!" then he laughed out loud and even had the audacity to hold his tummy as-if his joke's worth the pain in the belly.

Lahat kami naka-tingin lamang kay Cyclone inaantay siyang matapos tumawa. Even Lola blinked couple of times, trying to see the joke! Guard, hindi na siya nahiya. Saan ba niya napulot yong joke na'yon?!

"Hindi ko siya kaibigan." I heard Ansel said. Sobrang pula din ni Ada na parang hiyang hiya sa ka-cornyhan ni Cy.

Charlie cleared her throat as she reached for the remote control to open the TV. Mas gusto ko pa tumawa sa reaction ng kapatid ko. Hindi padin tapos tumawa si Cyclone nang may kumatok.