We were able to make it out of the motel with all of Jacin's stuff. What about my stuff? You may ask. Obliterated, destroyed, ravaged... That stupid ass Demon ripped most of it into little pieces during the fight. I was able to save my phone, a tampon, and one lone pair of jeans (which I was now wearing with one of Jacin's long sleeved shirts to hide my rash).

Both the tampon and pajamas now resided in Jacin's bag.

The man running the register looked a lot friendlier than Motel Guy. This one was in his late teens with light caramel skin and a full head of dark hair. He was handsome. Right when we walked up to him, he smiled right at me. I was a little taken aback, as I'm not used to guys smiling at me.

We put our three items on the counter. The man, whose name tag dubbed him as Randy, eyed my half eaten package of starburst. Instead of glaring at me, he just smiled, "Someone's hungry I see."

"Starved," I smiled in response. I felt Jacin stiffen beside me.

"Well, there is a pub down the street that serves some mean mozzarella sticks. My uncle actually owns the place. Best and only restaurant in town." he advised. Randy was only looking at me. It was as if Jacin was completely invisible. Based on Jacin's rigidity, I could guess he noticed that too.

"Nice to know," I beamed, "I've been in need of some greasy food."

"What brought you into town?" Randy asked. Instead of allowing me to answer, Jacin butted his way in.

"How do you know we aren't from here?" Jacin asked, all weird and protective. Randy looked at Jacin and his eyes got wide. I didn't blame him, Jacin could be intimidating when he wanted too. Wolves are known to be protective creatures, but beside the weird masturbating on the floor incident, I really had no idea why his masculinity had to be on full display. It made me kind of annoyed, yet also kind of attracted to him.

"Uh, it's a small town. I kinda know everyone that lives here," he said confused and a little scared of the tall, jacked-up blonde in front of him. I just rolled my eyes.

"With how your eyes won't look away from her, I would have guessed you guys must have known each other," Jacin claimed as he crossed his arms. He was acting like a stereotypical jealous boyfriend.

"Uhhhh," Randy dragged out, confused on how this conversation took such a turn. Before Jacin could say something, I interrupted

"I am sorry about my, uh," I hesitated not knowing what to call Jacin. He wasn't my friend, lover, or even acquaintance. I feel like "hot yet hated enemy that I want to jump" would be too long to say, "...Travel Companion. I feel like all the steroids he's been taking really messed up his testosterone," I continued as I patted Jacin's arm. He in turn glared at me, but didn't move from my touch, "So, you know everyone in this town?"

"Uhhhh, yes," he stuttered, still a little freaked out by Jacin. Randy's eyes barely looked at me anymore.

"Do you by chance know a Katelyn?" I asked. The opportunity presented itself, and I took it.

"Yeah, I know a few. Are you talking about Katelyn Clander or Katelyn Laseada?" He asked, as if I knew what Kate's last name was. I probably should have, but I didn't. So I just looked at Jacin for help.

"Katelyn Hampshire," Jacin said flatly. Even though he was being a Homeless Pencil right now, he came in handy.

"Hmmmm," Randy hummed thinking if he knew anyone by that name. He looked up to the sky, as if that magically would help him think better and faster, "I don't think I know anyone..." he trailed off, "Wait, are you talking about Crazy Kate?"

Yep. Of course the person we were looking for was nicknamed Crazy Kate. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with how much Demon Blood she drank.

"Yep, that's the one!" I said with a small smirk, "Do you by chance know her address or something. We're old friends."