"Give yourself a break, Alexander. Marami pa'ng bukas!"

"I'm fine, tatapusin ko lang 'to."

Rhioz only calls people with their first name if he runs out of patience. But I was serious when I told him that I'd finish what needs to be done for tomorrow. Tapos na 'ko sa pakikinig lang, I have spend time with my son tomorrow and personally see what the guards has been telling me. I'm starving for it.

At hindi ako nagsisi sa naging desisyon ko. That day was the best so far, my son was indeed happy with Mariel. How she does things was very motherly na wala na 'kong ibang masabi kundi 'sana naranasan ko rin 'to.' She even shared her coffee with ginger specialty na 'di ko sana tatanggapin, but her sincere smile was very assuring that she didn't add any poison in it.

"B-bakit ganiyan po kayo makatitig?" Her eyes were widening.

"Nothing, I just think I'm lucky to have you."

I don't say such things to anyone, I never stared at anyone for too long, I never even let anyone share my office table or touch important documents that are meant for me to read. But she broke it all. Then I started to notice her. It amuses me every time her face reddens like a tomato that I guess she doesn't notice. She makes simple things extraordinary. Her laugh and smile were radiant. Her attitude and nature are both genuine and positive.

We are polar opposites, but she's the kind woman I've always wanted beside me. She's slowly driving me nuts in ways I couldn't describe. It's starting to scare the shit out of me.

But it all faded when something happened at the showers after the game. Her lips were so soft and the feeling was unexplainable. I never thought I'd lock lips with my own employee, it was against the rules. What happened should stay there, but hell, it didn't. The day after was her off. I couldn't sit still. Akala ko ang anak ko lang ang kayang umukupa sa isip ko ng ganito katagal, now I realized it's both the baby and the babysitter.

"You can't go anywhere, there is a board meeting through Zoom in five."

"Tell them I'm busy so not today."

I went to her cousin's apartment. I had no other intention but to see her or maybe, take her out and this time it could be just the two of us. But I froze in my spot when I heard their conversation. I couldn't move. I tried to convince myself that the idea was nonsensical, but I can't lie to myself. It was her, the woman I've been looking for.

But how on earth? Both of 'em are different!

Yes it was me, the man Mariel was talking about. The story matches perfectly. How could I forget? When I found out about the engagement I kew I was fucked, so I went to this bar where legal women auction happens with some colleagues, got drunk, then I saw this stunning prized woman. I usually don't emit huge money for something futile but she was worth every cent.

I woke up only to find a cup of steaming coffee and a thank you note. I tried to find the woman, I didn't stop till my son arrived, satisfying the lack I felt. Ngayon alam ko na kung bakit pamilyar sa akin si Mariel maging ang kapeng gawa nya. At ngayong nalaman ko na ang tungkol dito.. fuck. And we had child? A missing child for Christ's sake!

Hindi ko alam ang dapat sabihin o gawin kapag kaharap ko na si Mariel kaya umtras ako. I got fucking scared.

"I want you to extract even the tiniest bit of detail about Mariella Maribago and Vallerie Wendel's pregnancy in the quickest time possible."