Sophie chuckled,"Yes I do."

"Wait I'm confused", Conrad said. "How long have you been dating him?"

"Seven months", Sophie answered with a big smile.

"Seven months!",I and Conrad chorused in surprise.

"Wait. How long ago did all this happen exactly?",I asked folding my hands.

"Mm",Steven rubbed the back of his neck. "Ten months."

"You're kidding me right?",I asked dazed. "Why am I finding this out right now?"

Steven rolled his eyes and said,"I love Taylor." My eyes widened in response.

"And I love him",Taylor said looking at him fondly.

They were about to kiss when I interrupted,"Ew cooties. Don't kiss in front of us." Everyone laughed and Con took my waist to lead me to the party. "Let's go meet the others",he said.

***

Days passed in a haze. We were back in New York and today was the last day of the year. The ground was covered with snow and I was curled up near the fire with my laptop on my lap, writing an article for a new magazine that hired me. Conrad was at the hospital and would return anytime soon.

We were going to a party tonight for New Year's Eve and I already had my dress picked out. Conrad could top anything off so he had no need to be prepared.

***

Our friends who were hosting a party were Conrad's colleagues from the hospital. I knew majority of the people there as I'd seen them before on some events like this.

I was wearing a black dress with a v-neck and a fluffy skirt. It was quiet simple but I liked it. I wore my small diamonds and black pencil heels. Conrad on the other hand wore a white button-down shirt with his black jacket and black jeans and white boots.

I hooked my arm around his, smiled at him and started walking towards the party house. It was blasting with music and the smell of food almost drew me to the kitchen.

"I don't know why but you look- different",Conrad said smiling at me. I linked our fingers and kept walking with a stupid smile plastered on my face.

Conrad offered me a beer but I turned it down. "You sure? You don't have to listen to me rant about you drinking today",he said.

"Nah. I'm not in the mood."

"Can I do something to brighten it then?",he asked with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I don't know. You tell me",I said closing the little distance between us so that our noses touched when I tilt my head up.

He kissed me lightly at first but then placed his cup on the counter and hooked his arms around my waist. I pulled him closer and locked my hands around his neck. He licked my bottom lip to ask for his tongue to enter the same moment some people entered the kitchen. We broke apart but he still kept his  hands around my waist and I still kept mine around him.

"With you two around I always feel like I'm going to some high-school parties with teenagers making out in the corner"John joked.

I took his comment as a boost and directly started kissing Con with my tongue inside his mouth. He chuckled,"Alright" and kissed me back. "Let's go somewhere",he said breaking apart.

We were on the outskirts of their house near the pool area. There was a sudden gush of wind and I shivered. Conrad did tell me to wear a jacket but I ceased to oblige.

He removed his jacket and placed it around my shoulders, pulling me close to him. "I told you to bundle-up",he said softly. At this moment I wished for us to be alone at our house, laying on the couch near the fire watching some movie with me getting cozy in Con's arms. Parties were still not my thing but I did have fun at them and Conrad's company was always the best.