Chapter 20

(I dont know if this happens the very next day but it happens the episode after the Deku vs Kacchan arc so yeah)

********************************

I couldn't get much sleep that night.

I guess I felt too concerned for my friends.

I decided to get up early since I was up anyway.

I showered and ate something.

When it was around 6 I left the house.

My parents always sleep in so they never see me off.

I basked in the fresh air of the morning. It was like the world was still.

Just like the night prior.

My head cleared up a little and my drowsiness faded.

I began walking to Izuku's house and wait for him there so we can walk to school.

I leaned on the wall outside and decided to text Katsuki as I waited. He wouldn't mind that, right?

🤬💥Combustion Boi💥🤬

Hey.

Good morning

Did you sleep well?

To my surprise, he responded.

Why would you want to know?

We're friends aren't we?

That's what friends do.

They also walk to school together

Like you and Stupid Deku

I sensed jealousy in his text.

Then let's walk to school together then.

Today.

...
...

Okay...

Great!

I'm already out so I'll see you soon!

******************

I texted Izuku that I was gonna walk with Katsuki today.
He said "okay" and told me to be careful.

 I made my way to Katsuki's house.

As I approached the house the door opened.

I saw Katsuki walk out and approach the gate.

I leaned on it and waved.

"Good morning Katsuki!" I say cheerfully.

As he came closer I felt the gate move. My weight must have pushed it open. I wasn't fully stable.

It opened and I began to fall. 

Guess this is my fate

Katsuki was right there though, so when I fell he caught me by the arms. 

I stablized and stood on my own.

"Sorry..Thank you" I said.

"Whatever, be careful, next time I might not be there to catch your clumsy ass." He says and begins to walk. His ears a light pink.

We walked in silence. Strangly it was comfortable.

"Hey we have some time let's get a snack from the convenience store." I suggested.

"Whatever." Katsuki replied. 

I wasn't sure if that meant he would go in with me, wait for me outside, or just ditch me.

I went in and it looked like he was gonna wait ouside.

I went down the snack isle and looked for a small, light snack I can eat on the way there. 

(Fun fact: It is considered rude in Japan to eat anything while walking)

As I grabbed a snack, I saw Katsuki standing next to me. 

I guess he decided he wanted to choose a snack himself?

"What did you want to get?" I asked him.

He wasn't looking at me though. 

"Just get me whatever." He responded.

"um..okay" 

I grabbed the snack I was going to get him. I also went to grab a drink. I opened the cooler and went to reach down and grab the drink at the bottom shelf but Katsuki stopped me.

"I'll get it." He said guiding me aside and grabbing the drink for me.

Okay?... Why is he acting like this?

He handed me the drink and we went to go check out.

He followed me out and we continued on our way to school. 

Narrator POV

You didn't know this but Kastuki was initially going to wait outside but he saw a man enter the store after you and it made him uneasy.

So he went in and stood by you. Staring at the man to make sure he knows not to try anything with you.

Then, when you went to get the drink, he saw you were gonna reach down to the bottom shelf and since you were in uniform he didn't want to take the risk of something showing, so he gotit for you.

He followed close behind you when you walked out and relaxed as you guys continued on your way.

He also enjoyed the snack you got him. A little more so because you chose it.