Chapter: 18

We watched the exercise take place.

I watched it intently. Katsuki was immediately after Izuku.

What caused him to be so mad? Maybe I'll talk to him later.

Some of the others commented on them and some went off to plan what they would do on their turn.

I look around and see Todoroki walk out. I decided to follow him, maybe we should plan too.

"Todoroki wait up," I said jogging over to him and following after him.

He continued to walk and I matched pace with him.
"Do you maybe want to start planning on how we can work together on whatever side we end up on?" I ask

He glanced at me and looked forward.

"There will be no need for that." He says. I was a little shocked, it was one of the first times he actually spoke a sentence to me.

"Why is that?" I asked.

He stopped walking and turned to me. "Why do you insist on speaking with me?" he asked.

"Well, we are a team. I just thought we could talk about how to do the excersize-" I began.

"Even before that, you speak to me every day. You know I'm not interested in making friends, you won't get any benefits from me." He states.

"Benefits? Why would-" I was a little confused, "I'm not sure why you would think that. I just want to get to know you. I couldn't care less if you are from a wealthy family or something." I say with a shrug. "But, if you want me to stop talking to you I will." I give him a smile.

He just stared at me. 

"Do...You want me to leave?" I asked.

He shook his head, "It's fine, I don't care." He says and he leans against the wall of the hallway. 

"Okay...so why don't you think we have no need to discuss more on the exercise?" I ask, feeling a little awkward now.

"I plan to get it over with, no matter what side we are assigned." He says.

"Well, what type of plan? Maybe I can help." I respond

"I am going to freeze the building, freezing the other team to the floor." He states.

"Well that doesn't sound like I do anything." I pouted and leaned on the wall next to him.

"It's best to be done fast." He states.

I sighed and I glanced at him. He had his eyes closed and his hair fell softly around his face. 

I will admit, I was kind of staring at him. I looked away and controlled my breathing. 

Don't be weird about this (Y/n). I thought to myself. 

I was brought out of my thoughts with yelling.

"Don't Bakugou! You'll kill him!!" 

That alerted me and I immediately ran back to the monitor room.