Poltergeist~ N.H

this was a request from the lovely @Energyjuice20 thankyou for the request, love!

ages:
harry: 18
niall: 18
zayn: 19
liam: 20
louis: 21

"Are you sure you wont get too scared, Ni? It's R-rated..." Zayn softly asked the faux blonde.

It was late at night, about eleven when the boys decided to have a movie night. They had a small break from touring and luckily did not have to wake up early the next day.

Niall quickly nodded and cuddled into Liams side with a determined face. He had never seen a horror movie before as he was terrified, but he wanted to give it a chance. He didn't want to seem like a baby.

"Yeah, Zee...I um- I'm excited!" He nervously told him. He wasn't excited at all, he was absolutely terrified.

"Alright, bud...if you're sure. It's Poltergeist so it won't have a ton of jump scares."

Harry begrudgingly got up and set up the movie, pressing play. He really didn't want Niall to watch this movie, but the Irish lad had been insistent on watching it. He sat back down on Nialls other side, wrapping an arm around the boy.

It was only twenty minutes into the movie and Niall already had a death grip on Liams arm, holding on as if his life depended on it.

"Niall...maybe we should turn it off," Harry whispered upon noticing the state the blonde was in.

"N-no! I'm- I can do it, Haz...I'm not scared at all!" The shorter boy said, obviously lying.

Louis leaned over to whisper in Harry's ear, "He's not gonna get any sleep tonight, H..." the oldest worried.

They all knew how easily scared Niall was, and when he was scared, he wouldn't get any sleep. He would always have to sleep with one of the other boys and cuddle with them in order to make himself feel better.

By the end of the movie, Niall was curled up in Liams lap with his head buried in his neck, biting back whimpers of fear.

"Ni, bug, who do you want to sleep with tonight?" Louis gently asked the boy, placing a hand on his back.

Much to the others' surprise, Niall quickly shook his head and whispered, "by myself."

"By yourself? Hun, we really don't mind sleeping with you, you give the best cuddles. Are you sure you don't want to share tonight?"

He shook his head once more, rubbing at his eyes with a fist. "Wanna be by myself, Lou..."

"Alright then...let's go get ready for bed," Liam whispered as he picked the smaller boy up and carried him to his room.

Once all the boys had gotten ready, they all piled up in Nialls room to tuck him in. Even though the Irish lad was eighteen, he still appreciated the gesture.

"Goodnight, Ni...have sweet dreams, angel," Harry whispered as he placed a kiss to his forehead.

They each said their good nights and gave small kisses before going to their separate rooms for the night.

Niall lied stiff in his bed, clutching his blanket tightly in his hands. He didn't want to fall asleep, but could already feel himself drifting towards unconsciousness. It only took about five minutes of fighting before he was out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Liam awoke at about 2 in the morning with a start. He furrowed his eyebrows and tried to figure out why he was awake, before hearing a heart wretching scream.

"Niall...." he mumbled in realization. He quickly flung himself out of bed and ran to the blondes room, throwing the door open.

The puppy eyed boy froze at the sight in front of him, in a bit of a shock for a moment. Niall was thrashing about in his bed, his face pale and tears streaming down his face. He let out screams of fear as his legs got tangled in the sheets.

Liam soon got over his shock and sprinted over to his bed, placing his hands on Nialls shoulders.

"Niall, babe. Its me, I'm here for you. Lili's here. Wake up for me, love, it's okay!" He urgently spoke, gently shaking the blondes shoulders.

After a few minutes of shaking and encouraging, Niall finally woke with a loud gasp. He frantically looked around the room in fear before noticing Liam. He fell forwards into the mans arms, sobbing loudly.

"L-Li...Li... he-he- n-no!" He choked out, digging his nails into his palms as his breathing quickened.

Liams eyes widened upon seeing how quickly Niall was breathing. Those were all the signs of a panic attack.

"Ni, hun. Breathe with me, breathe with me, babe. In....out. You're okay, it was just a dream," the older soothed, running a hand through the boys hair.

Niall tried his best to follow his breathing, but couldn't focus enough. He was still absolutely terrified. His body curled into Liam, gripping his shirt tightly in his hands.

Liam gently moved Niall so his head was laying on his chest with his ear pressed against his heartbeat.

"Shh, you're okay, love. Just focus on my heartbeat, nothing else."

It took a few minutes, but eventually Niall was able to slow his breathing a bit while listening to Liams heartbeat.

"That's it, good job, Ni...You're doing so good, sweetheart. Just keep breathing deeply for me," He continued soothing, holding Niall close to his chest.

A knock on the door frame caused both lads to flinch in surprise. Liam looked up to see who it was while Niall just buried himself deeper into his mates arms.

"What's going on? Hm?" Louis asked as he walked into the room, pushing some hair out of his face. He took a seat on the edge of Nialls bed and gently placed a hand on the younger boys leg.

"We just had a bit of a nightmare...Ni, bug, do you want Lou Lou cuddles?" Liam softly asked, pulling Niall up more.

The Irish boy nodded quickly and fell into Louis' arms, tears falling down his face once more.

"Aw, bud...next time let's skip the scary movie, alright? You're okay..." The oldest murmured, kissing Nialls head soothingly.

"Wanted to- wanted to be brave, Lou Lou!" Niall cried out, his breath catching again.

"Hush, love. It's alright, no ones upset at you. You were brave, darling. You sat through the entire movie and even decided to sleep by yourself!"

A tiny smile formed on Nialls face at the praise, looking up at Louis in awe. "Really? You think- you think I'm brave?"

"Of course we do, Ni! You're the bravest of us all!" Harry spoke up from the doorway as Zayn appeared behind him.

The two remaining band members stepped in and sat next to the other boys, pulling Niall into a hug.

Niall giggled quietly and hugged them all, fluttering his eyes closed. "Love you lads..." He whispered as he started drifting back off to sleep.

"We love you too, Nialler...so much..."

a/n i started making the jw anderson harry styles cardigan and it's so hard omg,, i've worked on it for three hours and only have one square done agh :(