Reality

He smiles, "Hey, have you ever wondered what is out there?"  he quickly stated a slight glow to his eyes.

'Out where?' the other mumbled out not paying too much attention taking a seat on the flat white bed.

"There," he replied a bit irritated

'Where?' he countered childishly

"Stop it I'm too tired for this, early in the morning."

He smirked and softly chuckled, 'Okay sorry, but like, out there is...normal, just grass, trees, ugly people, the occasional car,' he had started listing with his fingers, 'excessive shit. What more is there to know, why would I ever think about it?'

"You, don't understand," his head drooped a bit, his voice turned quieter with every syllable formed.

'Yeah? Well, I think it's damn better being in here than out there', he glides a hand through his greasy black hair.

"...you think so?" he watches the other's movement with interest.

He deeply sighs, 'Man, I know so, meals, a safe environment, people attending to your every beck and call, you're fucking livin' the dream.'

"Oh, is that what you have gathered from visiting here?"

'Man, I wish I could stay in here.' He tosses himself back on the bed.

'Hell, better than where I stay,' eyebrows furrowing in a frustrated display, his fingers twitched for a cigarette.

"You know, I experience so little about you, only the you that visits me ," he slightly glances at the steadily ticking clock, before focusing back.

'No worries, I don't even know your real name, just that you've been here for more than 10 years...I think?' He chuckles, shuffling over to lean on the other.

"Yeah? And it sucks."

'Sounds like freaking luxury to me.'

"Could you just shut up," he grumbles under the weight of the other.

He smirks, 'I didn't mean to piss you off, I'm just statin' facts.'

"Please, do stop talking."

'I'll do what I feel like, thank you very much.' He annoyingly wiggles his eyebrows.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." He was frustrated and it leaked into the tone of his voice.

'Well, you're just goin' to have to get mad then because I'm not stop— '

"You're going to get married in a week." His voice quivered as the words left his mouth.

He sighs and takes a moment to adjust to the sudden change of the situation,

'...Yeah, and?'

"What do you mean 'and', you... you're going through with it." He couldn't bring himself to look over into his eyes.

'Why are you bringing this up now?' he shifted, sitting with his back straight, glaring at the other.

"I also brought it up last week and the week before that, last month." His voice rose in anger as he glared at the white tiled floors

'Just stop, this ain't the time or the place.'

"So when will it be the time, the place, if you haven't realized I can't leave this place!" his frustration peaks, "I can't..." his voice wavers.

'Stop, okay,' he ruffles his sleek hair ruining its style as he glanced at the other's hunched over figure, 'Come on, don't start crying.' he whispers, 'don't do this to me.'

"You said you didn't love her." He raises his gaze

'I don't.' He stared back into the others bloodshot eyes unflinching.

"So why?" His throat dried as the words came out, his chest felt heavy.

'Why don't you stop.' He stands, turning to exit, back facing the other.

"I love you." It comes out only in a whisper.

'I love—'

"Don't even say it." He interrupts him, coldly peering at the other's back.

He turns around, angry, 'Why are you acting like this, you try to make me seem like I'm the one in the fucking wrong but...'

"But what?" He slowly stands.

'You're the one hiding things,' he sarcastically chuckles, "You remember don't you?"

"...what?"

'Don't give me that bullshit!'

"I don't."

'You can leave.'

"No, I can't."

'But you're too scared to, you're scared to leave this little bubble you've created,' his hands wildly dance in the air, 'scared for your little world to be contaminated.'

"Remember the first time we met." His eyes glaze over.

'Stop.' He sits on the bed dropping his head in his hands.

"How you named me Romeo, because I was so awe struck by you and you thought it was romantic."

'Could you stop, please.'

"And how I wanted to call you mine, but you wouldn't let me, because..."

'Stop.' He sounded exhausted, mentally strained.

"I'm happy, with you, I may not be as good as her but I... I can try for you. Remember our first kiss?"

'Just stop, we shouldn't have, you're...you're not you, anymore.'

"You don't know anything." He stares off into the distance.

'I'm risking myself for you, my family, my fucking sanity, but you want to act like this?' he shouted.

"..."

'Oh, suddenly you're speechless; say something or I'm leaving.'

"You don't understand."

'Well, help me to understand!' He was exasperated.

" Do you know what's out there?"

'Seriously.'

"Have you really wondered what's out there? I hope butterflies."

'What shit are you running on with?'

"What's outside these four white walls?"

"..."

Sitting alone, he smiles again as he watches the guy he had been awaiting enter. His lips curls, curious of the answer to the question he had been pondering all day to ask him, "Hey, have you ever wondered what is out there?"