Chapter 7: A Terrifying Revelation

Start from the beginning

Now he was mere feet in front of me. My senses were screaming that it was dangerous to be this close to him. But if worse came to worse, my Pokémon would be more than happy to get me out of this situation. And somewhere deep within me, I somehow found the courage and audacity to respond.

"Just another boring, old white guy power trip, huh? Kind of disappointing, to be honest. Your time in exile has clearly torn your mind to shreds, if you even had one in the first place. I refuse to let your insanity endanger the people, Pokémon, and land that I love. And you know as well as I do that I'm here to damn your foolhardy ambitions. Every. Single. One of them."

Not the most impressive of verdicts, to be sure. But it was short and sweet, and it got the job done. That was all I needed right now. It wasn't like I had time to prepare this beforehand.

Of all things, the corners of his mouth tugged into a smile. "We'll see how long that cocky resolve of yours holds under my torturous and pain-filled plans for you. You'll soon regret saying such bold words."

Before I could ask him what he meant by that, a Shadow Triad member (literally) appeared out of nowhere, materializing in front of the desk.

"Lord Ghetsis, Kyurem has been transferred."

...Transferred? Transferred to where? Somewhere outside? Then, that would mean...

Their plans are farther along than I would have hoped. And I was running out of time.

Mother of Mew. I just can't catch a break here, can I?

His grim smile grew even wider as Ghetsis faced the Shadow Triad member. "Excellent! It's finally here! The wonderful era in which I am the absolute ruler of Unova has finally arrived! ...I'll let you take care of her, then."

Then, before I could register what he was doing, he pushed me aside. Like, he actually pushed me! Without so much as a backward glance! I spun around with a gaping jaw as he advanced towards a dark set of stairs. Wait, that wasn't there when I got here, was it?

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" I barked, still disgusted that this man had actually touched me. I shifted my weight forward to march after him. I became stopped no sooner than two seconds second later when the other two Triad members appeared out of nowhere. Their towering forms blocked my passage to stairs.

Son of a Bidoof! How can they even teleport without warps anyways? Do they abuse the powers of some Psychic-type Pokémon? That makes them no better than the wretched organization they work for...

Ninjas. That's the one word that came to mind when one looks at the Shadow Triad. From their long and flowing white hair and their black bandanas, to their gray and black tunic shawls with crisscrossing straps. Exotic to the eye, perhaps, but they lived up to their perception well. They say very few words, are quick on their feet, and are adept at stealth, being quieter than the faintest whisper. But that didn't stop them from being violent and shrewd when it suited their purposes. After all, I myself watched as one of these bastards stole the DNA splicers right out of Drayden's hands.

Only their cold, gray eyes were exposed on their faces. Their expressions appeared vapid and insipid, but nevertheless an icy sheen hung over them. Calculating whatever vicious game they wanted to play with me, no doubt. Thankfully, I didn't have to find out for myself; I saw Hugh warp into the room out of the corner of my eye. He paused as he noticed my predicament, and I turned to face him with a look of mild relief. I could see his lips moving, probably muttering some choice curse words. Then, he simply marched up to our little triangle with a look of stoic determination.

"You're the Shadow Triad, right? Tell me about the Purrloin that was stolen in Aspertia five years ago."

"Um, Hugh?" I uttered incredulously. "I'm in the middle of something here—"