Chapter 24: Her Final Plea

An important note: this chapter is radically different from what it used to be. I originally had a fight break out between Rosa and Hilda over N. But I was never very happy with how the scene felt: it appeared artificial, choppy, and very out of character for everyone involved. So, with the advice of a good friend, (kudos to you, CrimsonLavender!) I did a major edit of this section. This significantly improved its style, while still achieving the dramatic, emotional climax I was originally aiming for. (At least, I hope so!)

...Even though I cut out the fight entirely, I still left in the image above, simply because it is so freaking adorable! It displays the conflict between the popular FerrisWheelShipping and the not so popular VoidCubeShipping very nicely. (I also just love how Hilbert and Nate are kinda just in the corner like "GUYS!! 😅")

Speaking of which, I guess now would be a good time to show you this video, and elaborate on my support for VoidCubeShipping (which was honestly a huge part of why I wrote this story in the first place):

1. I honestly believe Hilda and N as a pair is waaaay too mainstream/over-rated/over-hyped. I understand that there's been the actual time and interactions for these two to possibly develop a relationship. But at the same time, it's like...c'mon. I can't count the number of FerrisWheelShipping pictures and fan fictions out there, there's so many. And with Rosa being my favorite Pokémon female protagonist of all time, I want her to receive some more love, you know? It saddens me how much she has to live in Hilda's shadow.

2. I have some personal reasons (and connections) for adoring this ship. I associate more with Rosa because I used to have an account on a chat site with that persona. And as time went on, I felt I became more and more relatable to Rosa (or, at the very least, I associated myself with her). Since I was a pretty big fangirl of N, I saw Rosa and N being together as himself and I being together, with Hilda being a potential adversary. (I know, I know, that's kind of silly, but what can I say? I was a young teenager with crazy hormones xD)

Have my feelings changed? Well... I'm not as big as a fangirl as I was then (aka I'm essentially not crazy anymore), but I will defend VoidCubeShipping to the death, even if it isn't canon nor concrete. I mean, pshh. Who needs justification for their favorite ships anyways? (See jewel from Tumblr down below)

 Who needs justification for their favorite ships anyways? (See jewel from Tumblr down below)

Anyways, I feel this video portrays the battle between the two shippings very well. Feel free to watch it if you want (though it's certainly not necessary for the purpose of the story: if anything, it's just a supplement). I own nothing in the video, pictures, audio, or otherwise! However, Whispers in the Dark is probably my favorite song of all time-- I love the music a lot, and for no specific reason I think it complements VoidCubeShipping very well. Unfortunately, the video also highlights how under-rated and unknown VoidCubeShipping is: the account actually had to copy and paste Rosa and N together because there is so little fan art of this couple (0:37-0:40). And as you will notice, a lot more art of Hilda and N together vs. Rosa and N. C'mon, let's help spread the love a little, people!