XX

Three days later, I woke up late and made myself breakfast, grabbed a book and read all afternoon. There were only four more days until I would return to work and now that Spencer had gone back to his apartment, I felt more lonely and bored than ever.
My phone rang, and I reached over to grab it before picking it up. "Hey, Mom."
"Happy birthday, honey!" She exclaimed and my eyes widened. I couldn't believe I forgot my own birthday.
"Thank you." I said with a laugh.
"So how does it feel being twenty eight?" She asked.
"The same," I replied simply. "With everything that's happened in the last month I've just lost all track of time."
"I wish we could come visit you for your birthday. I feel guilty enough for not coming down to visit you when you were in the hospital."
"Mom, I told you not to," I reminded her. "Besides, I was in the hospital for only, like, two days and Spencer was there with me the whole time."
"I like him," She said, and I smiled.
"I know. I could tell."
"Alright, sweetheart, I'm going to go now."
"Okay. Bye, Mom."
"Bye, Andy. Happy birthday." There's a moment of silence. "Oh, honey?"
"Yeah, Mom?"
"Call your grandmother some time. She worries about you." I chuckled.
"Okay, Mom. Bye." I returned back to my book, placing my phone down next to me. I spent the rest of the day alone, much to my disappointment. I expected a phone call from Spencer or at least one of my friends despite the fact that none of them even knew it was my birthday.
I left my apartment around six, walking over to my favorite restaurant nearby. I grabbed my food and walked back slowly, feeling like no one who I thought cared about me actually did. I took the elevator, leaning against the wall sadly, sighing as the doors opened again.
I stepped off and headed towards my apartment and stopped suddenly, noticing the door was slightly ajar. I felt my heart start to beat faster, having strange flashbacks to when I was kidnapped. I walked slowly towards it, cautiously, and whipped open the door, my hand cocked, ready to punch whoever was behind it.
"Supr-" Spencer started as I clocked him directly in the face. He doubled over and eyes widened as I put my hand on his back, cringing in embarrassment.
"Oh my God, Spence, I'm so sorry," I said, stifling a laugh. "I'm so sorry. I thought you were a serial killer," I let a tiny giggle escape and I put my hand over my mouth to muffle it.
"It's okay," He said, clutching his cheek. I could hear Morgan laughing in the background. "Happy birthday, Andy," He passed me a little package, beautifully wrapped with a little bow on top.
"Come on, pretty boy," Morgan clasped a hand on Spencer's shoulder, laughing. "Let's go get you some ice."
"I'm so sorry!" I called as Morgan walked him into my kitchen. Hotch approached me, a small smile on his face.
"Happy birthday, Miller," He said, handing me a drink.
"Thank you, sir." He nodded, stepping aside. I walked forward into my living room where a bunch of poorly made decorations hung from the ceiling, dropping the little box Spencer gave me until I could really pay attention to it later. I laughed as JJ, Garcia, and Emily walked up to me.
"Happy birthday, cupcake," Garcia said, giving me a hug.
"Thank you guys," I said, laughing as Emily and JJ hugged me, too. "But... how did you know it was my birthday?"
Garcia scoffed. "Honey, we've worked together for over three months and you still don't trust me mad computer skills? I know everything about you. I have a birthday calendar specifically for you people." I laughed, twisting around to see Spencer and Morgan argue over where the ice pack should go.
"Spencer probably feels like an idiot," I said with a sigh.
"Why, 'cuz you punched him?" Emily asked, and we all laughed.
"No, 'cuz he probably feels bad that he didn't realize it was my birthday. I never told him." I explained.
"Actually... he's the one who organized this whole thing. He knew it was your birthday before I even got to my computer." I blushed.
"If I were you, I'd feel extra bad for punching him now." JJ said with a snort.
"I'm guessing he did the decorations, too?" I said, pointing to the poorly drawn "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner hanging from the wall.
"Of course he did." Emily said. "Mine would be much better." I laughed.
"Come on, we ordered pizza." JJ said, grabbing my arm just like she did my first day. She led me towards the kitchen where three half empty pizza boxes laid across the counter. Emily and I grabbed a slice and all four of us sat down at the chairs.
"Wow," I said looking around at all my teammates. "You got everyone here. Hotch, Rossi..." I laughed.
"Yeah, well, free pizza and beer is not something that's easy to pass up," JJ said with a smile.
"I'm gonna go check on Spencer." I said, standing up and moving over to the couch where Morgan sat next to Spencer, taking photos of his bruised eye with a laugh. "I got it from here," I said, and saw Spencer smile. Morgan stood up, a large smile on his face.
"That was a nice shot, Miller. Keep it up," He pat me on the back. "And happy birthday." I sat down in Morgan's place.
"Hi," I said, taking the ice pack from Spencer and gently holding it to his cheek.
"Hi," He said, giving a tight lipped smile.
"I'm really sorry," I apologized, awkwardly smiling. "I thought you were... the guy or someone and I did not want to get kidnapped for a second time in a row."
Spencer gave a small chuckle. "It's okay. I'm willing to take a punch if you think you're in trouble." I smiled. "Happy birthday, Andy."
"How did you know?" I laughed. "I mean, I didn't tell you anything."
"I saw it in your room when..." His voice trailed off.
"This was incredibly sweet, Spencer."
"It was no big deal." He replied humbly.
"Yes, it was," I said, more firmly, and he winced as I accidentally pressed too hard on his cheek. "Sorry." I put down the ice pack and looked at him before looking down at the floor. "I wish I could kiss you, but Hotch is there." I whispered. I saw Spencer's lips curl up into a smile.
"I know," He whispered back. I hadn't realized how close to each other we had gotten and moved my head back as Spencer looked up suddenly, turning around to see Emily, Morgan, and Garcia staring at us.
"Okay, perverts," I called, facing Spencer yet loud enough that they would hear. "Look away, nothing is happening here." Spencer laughed as I stood up, winking at him before turning around to go get another drink. This was one hell of a party.