Ch.17 Creating Chaos

Začať od začiatku

Maya scurried up from the floor and looked around at the chaos. Heyder grabbed the small towel off the floor and pressed it against Fiza's arm as the girl weeped in pain. Mirza flung Exton through the air causing him to shift and land as his giant black wolf. Fiza screamed upon seeing him and hid her face in Heyder's chest.

Maya rushed forward and blocked Exton with one hand as she picked up the fallen knife from the floor and flung it into Mirza's chest. As the jinn stumbled back in pain, Exton's wolf pounced on him and sunk his teeth into his shoulder. The whole house echoed with the sound of Mirza's bones snapping.

Enraged, Mirza let go of a massive surge of power that radiated off of him like a bomb. The room drowned in a red glow as a heat wave rippled down, sending everyone flying. Heyder shot out his hand and encapsulated Maya into a protective bubble as he pulled Fiza into his arms and shielded her with his body. Maya used all her strength to shield her father who was still latching onto Mirza's shoulder.

The bright light started to cause Maya's eyes to burn. It was almost as if she was starting directly into the sunlight. She kept her hand steady as her eyes shut. The shock of the blast lifted her off the floor, even with Heyder's shield around her and threw her back onto the stairs.

"Fuck!" Heyder yelled as he let go of Fiza and ran over to Maya.

Maya tried to catch herself but the impact left her breathless. She rolled down the stairs and crash landed on the hardwood floor just as Heyder reached her. He fell to his knees and pulled her into his arm.

"Don't move," he said to her urgently as she felt him start to heal her. Maya shook her head and tried to tell him to save his strength. The taste of blood in the back of her throat made her gag as she rolled off of Heyder's lap.

"Damn it, Maya!" Heyder groaned as he tried to pull her back. When Maya protested by flaring her arms, Exton's wolf charged at Heyder like a mad bull. The jinn was knocked to the ground as Maya's father stood over her protectively.

"I'm trying to heal her," Heyder said as he got off the floor. "Get out of the way!"

Don't you dare touch her, Exton said through their link.

Where's Mirza? Maya tried to get off the floor.

He disappeared after the blast, Exton said, not taking his eyes off of Heyder.

"Let me heal her," Heyder said once more. "We can pick up our fighter after."

When Exton didn't move, Heyder growled.

"You want her to die of internal bleeding?"

Exton's wolf turned his head to his daughter behind her and then back to the jinn. He sniffed Maya's hair before he bared his teeth and took a small step aside for Heyder. The jinn wasted no time in rushing forward and gathering Maya into his arms.

Stop, Maya said with her eyes shut. You need your strength. Mirza might come back.

"Stop talking," Heyder snapped, earning a growl from Exton.

Maya closed her link and shut her mouth. She remained as still as possible as Heyder channeled his energy into her. She felt her muscles relax as the taste of blood vanished from her mouth and her back stopped aching. Breathing became much easier as the seconds ticked by. Only when she felt Heyder place a kiss on her forehead did Maya open her eyes again.

Someone wants to tell me what the hell is going on here? Exton asked from behind them.

Maya looked around Heyder's arm and spotted her father's wolf glaring at them. Behind him, Fiza sat shaking on the sofa as she held the towel to her hand.