𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

FIFTEEN| CARRYING HELL AROUND

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

TEN YEARS AGO;
STAR CITY

CONSTANTINE STALKED UP THE SNOW COVERED STEPS of Caroline Edwards front porch. A cigarette between his lips and his hands buried deep within the pockets of his slacks. He pulled his cigarette out of his mouth with his left hand, distinguishing it in the dirt of Caroline's house plant that lied beside the welcome mat. That earned a glare from Chas who agreed to accompany him for support.

"You ready?" Chas asked him softly.

John flashed him a sad smile from over his shoulder. "To say goodbye to my little girl? Of course not, but I'm use to the people that I care about leaving. It's always for the best anyway."

Chas sighed heavily. He shook his head as if to physically rid of John's harsh comment. "This doesn't have to be goodbye, John. There could be another way to keep her safe without having you not be in her life."

John shook his head. "This is what needs to be done, mate. I'm not gonna allow any more dark entities to try and latch themselves onto my daughter because she has a bastard like me for a father."

"John-"

"Just drop it, will yeah?" He spat angrily, but him lashing out suddenly didn't upset Chas. He knew his friend was hurting, and he couldn't begin to manage how he felt. He couldn't bear to leave his little Geraldine behind.

Caroline Edwards opened the door after the third knock. Her smile was just as bright and welcoming as the day he met her. He was grateful that she didn't hate him for knocking her up at a young age, and instead she was able to cut him some slack. Unlike her parents who despised everything that he was.

In truth, Caroline wasn't too thrilled about being pregnant as a teenager, but she couldn't put all the blame on John. It was just as much her fault as it was his. However, even though Olivia Hayley Edwards was very much unplanned, she was still the best thing that has happened to both John and Caroline. They didn't regret her for one second. With that in mind, the two became friends and coparents for their little girl.

"Hey, John." She grinned, and he flashed her a forced smile that didn't fool her. She knew something was wrong with him, but she decided not to push him. At least not right now. She decided to wait till later before she would question him. "You're early. It's only 9. You usually don't show up until later in the afternoon."

"Yeah, well, I thought why not mix it up." John retorted with his usual cocky smirk that she was used to as he waltzed inside. Chas followed after the warlock, greeting Caroline with a soft 'hello', which she acknowledged. "You know me, not really a fan of being predictable."