𝐓𝐄𝐍

TEN| COMPLICATIONS

TEN| COMPLICATIONS

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

STAR CITY was always beautiful at night. Well, at least to Olivia it was. All the pretty lights from the skyscrapers, restaurants, and nightclubs did a tremendous job at masking the truth. It fueled the city's facade of some wondrous place with selfless philanthropists and companies years advanced in technology. When in reality it was an awful city loaded with sins, greedy billionaires, and those said companies have only excelled due to corruption and blood money.

It was kind of funny how growing up here, she hated this city with a burning passion. She wanted nothing more than to leave it the first chance she got. Her and Caroline were actually making plans to move to Central City before her passing. But now that her mother is gone, all the memories she had of her-had with her all took place here. This was her home no matter how much wanted to deny it. And now....she just can't bring herself to hate this city anymore.

"I can't believe child services made me come all the way over here to pick up your belongings." John ranted as they strolled the near empty streets of Star City.

Olivia smirked at his misfortune. "Well, you did say you didn't want them to show up at the mill house. Which is probably for the best given that if they think you lived in a small cabin in the woods they'd probably take me away from you."

John chuckled breathily. "Yeah, that would be unfortunate." He said with a smirk. He turned his head to look at her and was immediately met by her bright smile. It's been a good month since John told her that she was the key to breaking some barrier. And ever since then they have gotten closer. He even agreed to continue her training. He thought it'd be better to teach her to use her magic for good. It also would help her learn to defend herself when he wasn't around to protect her.

"So what do you want for dinner?" John asked her. "I don't know about you, but I could murder a burger right about now."

Olivia laughed. "Yeah, a burger does sound nice." She agreed. She was surprised her cheeks weren't sore with how much she had been smiling recently. She had been really happy this past month. She never thought it would be possible to feel this way again. However, she wasn't the only one who had noticed the change in her.

"All right then-" John stopped and turned to face her rubbing his hands together, "you point us in the direction of a good burger joint. You know this city better than I do."

Olivia smirked. "I know just the place." She turned her body half way and froze. John on the other hand, hadn't noticed her sudden turmoil and kept on walking. She grabbed his arm and yanked him back.

"Oi!" He shouted as he was snagged back. "What the bloody hell is your problem?"

She looked panic-stricken "We need to cross the street. Like now." She demanded nudging him inch by inch towards the street.