𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

TWELVE| THE SAINT OF LAST RESORTS

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

THEIR ONCE COLD and strained relationship had evolved overtime into something else entirely. Olivia Edwards couldn't even begin to transcribe the change between her and her father John Constantine. She had managed to get to know him and vice versa within a few months, which was far more than they'd ever known about one another in sixteen years.

Their laughter could be heard throughout the mill house. It brought a sense of calm and peace to the warlock, which was something he wasn't quite familiar with. Olivia sat on top of the kitchen counter overseeing John making tea for Zed. The brunette had been suffering nightmares from their previous mission and he hoped this would aid her. Apparently, these horrific images flashed within her subconscious after she had held the black heart of a fallen angel, which the blonde hated that she missed out on. She felt a little awful for thinking the sight could've been cool to see, especially given said fallen angel nearly killed the psychic.

"So you've been to many places around the world?" Olivia asked her father. Her blue eyes were glistening with curiosity. She brought a spoonful of strawberry ice cream to her lips as she awaited his answer. Her legs that were covered with a smooth material from her black leggings, swung back and forth out of a habit that she couldn't sit still for too long. Her oversized S.T.A.R. Labs hoodie that she acquired months before they shut their doors permanently from her school trip swallowed her comfortably.

John nodded. "I've been here and there. Mainly for work purposes, but I made time now and then for a vacation." He flashed her his famous Constantine smirk. "Who doesn't like happy hour on the beach?"

Olivia laughed. "Must be nice."

John gave her an amused glance. "Why are you acting as if you've never been anywhere outside the U.S.? You were born in England." He reminded her to which she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeah, but I don't remember any of it." She defended herself with a stray giggle. "I moved to Starling City when I was three. All I have are pictures as proof."

John smiled sadly. "Right. How could I forget? Your grandparents were living in England on a work visa. Then you came along and they wanted to get back to the states as soon as possible. They wanted you and your mother as far away from me as possible."

Olivia frowned on this new set of information. She knew her grandparents never particularly liked John for getting Caroline pregnant at such a young age. But she didn't think they'd be so low as to try and take her away from him. However, the longer she thought about it the more it made sense. Her grandparents were never nice people. Not even to her, their own granddaughter.