recollection III ⍨

"donghyuck, let's break up."

donghyuck rose his head to look at his boyfriend in the eye.

they were cuddling a second ago. what was he saying?

"w-what?"

"we. are. breaking. up."

"n-no."

"yes, we are."

"but why?" he asked, tears forming in his eyes.

"i don't like you donghyuck. i never did."

"you lied to me? why did you accept my feeling if you didn't return them?" donghyuck was fully sobbing at that point.

"you were popular donghyuck. i needed that to gain influence. that's something important in the world. influence. and you were a perfect way to gain that. i don't get how you manage to get all that attention but you did. and so, i used you."

tears ran down donghyuck's cheeks like a cascade. hearing the person you like – screw that, you love – saying that hurts like hell.

"you're an asshole." donhyuck spat.

mark smiled. "am i? in your eyes, surely. but in the eyes of the others, you are, donghyuck."

"mark lee?"

"that's me." he replied, shaking the hand of the man.

"i'm doyoung. the school's psychologist. i heard you are donghyuck's ex-boyfriend."

mark nodded. "i am."

"do you have anything to tell me?"

mark nodded.

"when did you break up?"

"two weeks ago."

"why?"

"he became mad and tried to rape me. multiple times. at first, i managed to control him, but it became unbearable." mark lied.

doyoung took some notes.

"do you have other questions?"

"no, that's all. i just have a warning for you."

mark tensed, hoping this guy hadn't discovered anything.

"the psychiatric hospital in which donghyuck is right now called me. he's coming back next week. he has been diagnosed with attachment and very particular narcissistic personality disorders, which means his whole world revolves around you. be careful."