Relief

Oh it's you that I lie with

As the atom bomb locks in

I don't know how to feel. Goku's dead, but we're all going to be okay. It felt as though the world was standing still. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked over to see Vegeta. I smiled and looked away. "You got lucky," I said. I let my guard down when I felt a heavy wind hit. I shielded my face from the debris. "No!" I yelled. "This can't be happening!"

A beam came out of the dust and hit Trunks in the chest, going straight through. I was stunned. He just killed Trunks without even trying. As the dust cleared, Cell was there, in his final form. I looked over to Vegeta, and he was going at Cell. What had gotten into him all of the sudden? I decided not to say anything this time around. Vegeta landed a hit on Cell, but it was no good. Cell immediately came up and sent Vegeta flying. He landed and didn't move a muscle. "Vegeta!" I yelled and went to go after him, but was immediately stopped by Piccolo.

"Don't, it's a death wish," he said. I decided to learn from my Saiyan friend's past mistake and listen to Piccolo. I saw Cell try to fire an attack at Vegeta, and had to lunge at him, but was grabbed by Piccolo.

"Let me go! He'll kill him!" I screamed. Before I could free myself, Cell had fired the attack. I had to look away, I couldn't watch. I felt tears hit my eyes, my friend was dead and I did nothing to stop it. I reluctantly looked up and saw Gohan shielding Vegeta. They were both alive. In an instant both Cell and Gohan were charging up attacks. Everyone, including Vegeta, moved out of the way. There was quite the power struggle. I saw Vegeta get up and float over towards Cell. "Please be careful," I said quietly.

Vegeta managed to startle Cell enough for Gohan to get the upper hand and beat Cell. I felt a smile creep on face. He cleaned up his own mess. We were okay. He landed back next to me, I smiled at him and shook my head. Since when does he do anything selfless? 

Everyone had left the area to go to the lookout and it was just me and Vegeta. "Not taking the credit?" I said. Vegeta just smirked and shrugged his shoulders. " Also I have a question, what about that kid from the future sparked that kind of reaction from you?"

"You'll figure it out eventually," he said.

"What? Why can't you tell me now?" I asked.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I don't think you're ready for that yet."

"What?! Now I'm more confused!" I said, getting annoyed. He just smirked at me. "I swear I will kill you."

"I'm sorry, who was the one that just helped to beat Cell?" he said.

"Who was the one who let him get that strong?" I snapped back immediately. I turned around. "We should catch up with everyone, let's go."

I took a couple steps to head out when I was turned around to face Vegeta. "Look, I'm sorry about that," he said. Was that a genuine apology? From Vegeta?

"Did you just apologize?!" I said. "Did you admit you messed up?! Who are you?!"

Vegeta grabbed me by my shirt collar and yelled, "Will you just accept the damn apology?!" 

I laughed and said, "Alright! Alright! Just let me go!"

A smirk came onto Vegeta's face as he said, "I don't think I will."

I rolled my eyes and said, "I can't stand you." Vegeta seemed amused by my rage. "Also you are not at full power, I could whoop your ass right now." He finally decided to put me down. Is this the second time he's admitted I'm right today?

Vegeta stepped right in front of me, sighed, and said "(Y/n), if you tell a single soul about this I'm gonna kill you." I was about to question what he was talking about when he grabbed the back of my head and pressed his lips against mine. I put both of my hands on his face while I felt his arm go around my waist and pull my body against his own. For the second time today, I felt as though the world were standing still.

When we pulled away I gave Vegeta a smirk and said, "I'm telling everyone," and ran off. 

I feel like I've waited for this moment forever when I've almost never even thought about it...