Training

Every week is fashion week for me

About a month has passed since Cell was defeated and no one has spoken much about the situation, especially not Vegeta and myself. I was not about to talk about my feelings with Vegeta of all people. If we are being completely honest, I was perfectly happy with us bullying each other like normal. 

I spotted my old friend in Bulma's back yard doing push ups, typical. Part of me thought that I should just let him be, but what would be the fun in that? "Weak!" I yelled, walking up to him.

He looked up at me and said, "Like you can do any better." 

I shrugged my shoulders, "I could do a whole lot more than push ups, they're a little too easy for me."

"Well you'd better get to it if you even want a close fight with me in the tournament," he said, concentrating on his workout. 

"In the what?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"The martial arts tournament, you didn't know about it?" he asked. I shook my head no. "Well I guess if being way stronger than you didn't already give me the advantage, this sure will."

I rolled my eyes and went into the gravity chamber to train, being sure to lock Vegeta out in the process. There is no way that I'm losing to him, especially in front of a crowd. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two weeks have passed since Vegeta had told me about the martial arts tournament and I finally agreed to train with him instead of on my own. I wanted my training to catch him by surprise at the tournament, but I just couldn't wait. We went into Bulma's backyard, our usual training spot. We truly need to give the poor woman a break.

I was stretching my arms while standing in front of Vegeta, who was standing with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. I smirked at him and said, "Don't think I'm worth your time, Veggie?"

His face turned into a scowl as he said, "Don't call me that."

I smiled at him and laughed, making this man angry gave me life. "What are you going to do to stop me Veggie?" I said mockingly. 

He took a deep breath and shook his head before lunging at me to throw a punch. I managed to dodge his hit and elbow him in the back. He stopped himself and went to fire a blast at me. I got out of the way in time and kicked him to the ground before he had time to react. I looked over him and smirked, "What, am I not worth going all out? That hurts my feelings," I said.

Somehow, letting my guard down was a bad idea. Vegeta's foot collided with my face, sending me flying a few feet into the air. Before I had time to react, I was launched into the back of Bulma's house. Vegeta came up to try to land another hit on me, but I dodged, causing him just to hit the house. I tried to land a punch to his jaw, but my arm was grabbed and I was shoved away. I fired a blast at him, which he bounced back to me, I jumped out of the way, causing the blast to hit the gravity chamber, having no effect on it. 

I decided to let Vegeta come at me. He tried to land a kick to my head but I dodged and kicked him away from me. I tried to fire a blast at him while he wasn't alert and succeeded. I went for the final blow and tried to keep him down with my foot and managed to keep him down. I felt a smile cross my face.

"Oh no, look who got beat by a girl," I teased. I was surprised that Vegeta had let his guard down so much against me, that was almost too easy. 

"I wasn't even at my full power," he grumbled. 

"I know. Why?" I asked. 

"I'm not letting you see what I can do quite yet," he said. I shrugged my shoulders, that sounded fair enough. 

"No holding back if I face you in the tournament though," I said. To be fair, I wasn't showing him my capabilities either. I could only hope that I faced him in the tournament...