Sparring Gone Wrong

Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

Vegeta finally let go of me once we were in Bulma's back yard. I took a few steps a way from him while he wasn't holding onto me. I turned and looked over my shoulder at him. "Now are you ready to get your ass handed to you?" I said. 

All he could do was laugh and shake his head in what seemed to be slight disappointment. He knew he had gotten lucky with me letting my guard down before. "If it'll stop you from being a sore loser," he said, knowing full well that he was going to get a reaction out of me. 

I jumped at him with my arm cocked back ready to throw a punch, "Sore loser my ass!". As I went to throw it, Vegeta seemed to just disappear. As I made an unbalanced landing, I looked up to see where Vegeta was, I felt an elbow collide with my back and knock me flat on my face. I looked up to see none other than Vegeta smirking at me. 

"Come on, is that all you got?" he said, amused with his own speed. I was confused at how he had gotten away that fast. I swear he just vanished into thin air, I didn't even see him move!

"How the hell?" I said. "You know what, whatever." I fired a medium-strength ki blast at him, hoping to stun him for a moment. I had succeeded as it hit him in his left leg. I ran at him again and managed to land a punch on his jaw. During my follow through, Vegeta grabbed my wrist and twisted my arm behind my back.

As I struggled to break free of his grip, I heard him say "So blasts are fair game now? Alright." Very shortly after, I was launched a solid ten feet away by one of his blasts. My back was on fire, that attack was a little overkill, but then again, who was I fighting?

Before I could even get up, I was picked up by my shirt collar and slammed into the outer wall of Bulma's home. His grip on my collar didn't lighten up as he pinned me in with his free arm. I could feel his chest pressed up against mine, and the short distance between us caused a slight blush to come across my face. Before I had time to fight him back, I heard several horrified screams coming from the city. I looked at Vegeta with a confused and slightly scared expression. I thought the androids weren't a problem anymore. I heard Bulma's back door open as she yelled "Get in the house now!" 

Before either of us could move, I heard a creepy voice say "Someone with the guts to challenge Vegeta? How could he give me Yamcha but not you?" What was he talking about? Who was he talking about?

"On second thought, this seems like something you guys can handle yourselves I'll be inside,"  Bulma said in a panic before slamming the door. Vegeta let me go and moved away, giving me sight of who was talking to me. It was a green, bug-like alien creature with a needle looking tail. 

"Who are you and why are you bothering me?" Vegeta said, causing me to shake my head.

"Oh, you can call me Cell," he said, "and I'm sure I won't be a bother for too long. This will only take a minute." Oh boy, he threatened Vegeta, and I knew from experience how that always ended up. Right on queue, Vegeta shoved me back and went after the Cell guy and was immediately thrown away. It looked effortless to this guy. I watched for five minutes as no matter how much Vegeta powered up and no matter what he did, he couldn't even touch the guy. It was pretty clear that this fight wasn't going anywhere.

"Geez Vegeta, looks like someone needs to be rescued," I said, jumping at this Cell guy. Instead of being flung away, I was stopped by something snake-like coiling around my neck and squeezing it, making me lose my ability to breathe. As hard as I pulled at the tail, I couldn't even get it to loosen. As my vision began fading, I saw the needle-point end of his tail coming towards my face. 

Alright, enough playing around.

As the needle touched my cheek, I focused my energy to my two hands and grabbed his tail, ripping it in half, causing him to immediately drop me and scream in pain. As my feet hit the ground, I ran towards Vegeta to get away from the strange creature. I began to feel a sharp, stinging pain on the cheek that the needle had touched. I brought my hand up to touch it, and when I looked in my hand, I saw a decent amount of blood. Great, now I have a cut on my face. I looked at Vegeta to see him trying to figure out what to do next. 

The creature began to walk towards us. "Alright, now I'm mad," it said as its tail grew back in an instant. What little hope I had in winning this fight was now gone as I realized that everything we had done had no effect on Cell. Just as I began to panic, a man with long black hair wearing a black shirt with an orange bandanna flew and landed on the other side of the yard, grabbing Cell's attention. "Ah, just who I wanted to see," he said.

Vegeta grabbed my arm and ran. "Let's go while he's distracted, we need to find the others," he said seriously. "We need to get stronger fast."