Touched a Nerve

You fight me, flat on my lonely face I fell, finding in the end I'll live well

Today was a weird day.

Did I say weird, I meant amazing.

I got to meet the man that beat Vegeta on his first visit to this planet, the other Saiyan, Goku. I had every opportunity to mess with him, and I couldn't pass it up. Goku was a total doofus too, which made this even more fun.

We were sitting with Vegeta and Goku, among others. I was waiting for the right time to mess with Vegeta about him getting his ass handed to him. I wanted to wait a good amount of time. That is, until I heard Goku's son say, "Wow dad, I still can't believe that you turned into a Super Saiyan when you beat Frieza."

I couldn't hold back a laugh as I said, "No way, that's perfect!"

Next thing I knew, I heard Vegeta yell "Shut up, woman!" and I was diving to the ground as an attack flew my way. I touched a nerve that I had never dared to touch, and part of me wished I had done it sooner as Vegeta's reaction was priceless.

I looked up and everyone looked surprised that I had the guts to mess with Vegeta like that, but I knew he wouldn't do anything, even if he could. I popped back up and was instantly met by Vegeta, standing right in front of me. I smiled and waited for him to say or do something. "I'll have you know that I'm just as strong as he is, I'm actually stronger," he said. He was making it too easy.

"Really? Do we need to go over the timeline or???" I said, knowing full well I was pissing him off. Vegeta responded with a backhand to my face, sending me sliding away a few yards.

I went to get up but was met with Vegeta's foot in my face. I deflected his next hit and said, "Dude, what the hell? You know I'm just messing with you!"

"You pushed the Goku button," Bulma said from where everyone else was.

"The what?" I said. I was picked up and thrown even farther away.

"You shouldn'ta did that," Vegeta said. And now I broke the nerve. Next time Vegeta came at me, I managed to dodge him and hit him, knocking him out of my direction. I waited for him to come back, and did the exact same thing. Vegeta may be strong, but he's not the brightest. This went on for a few minutes until he changed it up. I was waiting for him to come back at me, but was kicked in the back.

I looked up and saw Vegeta standing there, smirking at me. "How the hell did you get there so fast?" I said.

"Wow, you're really more pathetic than I remember, (y/n)," Vegeta said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I was winning and you know it, cheater," I snapped.

Vegeta just chuckled at me and said, "Sore loser."

"You're one to talk."