Cotillion Pt.2

We stood there talking until our attention was brought to a man on the top of the stair case, by a group of people playing horns. " The future Lady Mal." He announces.

Mal then comes out and stands at the top of stairs. Everyone gasped at how beautiful she was, Evie looked as if she was about to cry. The announcer whispered something to her that made her laugh. Evie then starts clapping and cheering, then a round of clapping and cheering started up. I held Carla close and covering her ears when the cheering go louder, knowing the amount of noise would upset her. Carlos pulled me closer to him, seeing my reaction with Carla.

Mal made her way down half the steps, then Beast brought her down the rest. Her, Beast, and Belle talked a bit before me and Evie go and get her from then.

" Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask her.

" Sorta like I'm gonna throw up." she says nervously.

" Yeah that's okay." I say to her reassuringly. We bring her to the group.

" We're right here with you." Evie tells her and I nod. Mal had a worried look on her face. But then Carla started to make cute baby noises when she saw Mal.

" Yeah that's Auntie Mal." I say turning so she could see Mal better. Mal lets Carla hold her finger, Carla got excited and let out a laugh. This cause Mal to smile ear to ear. Everyone let out an 'Aww'. Carlos comes up behind me hugging me and putting his head on my shoulder.  

" She already knows how to make anybody feel better." Evie joked, we all laughed before our attention was pulled by the horns again.

" King Benjamin!" the guy announced. Ben then gets a loud round of applause. He then walks down the stairs then straight to Mal.

" Go get him." Evie whispered to Mal. Ben bows which Mal copies.

" Mal, I wish I had time to explain" Ben says. Then at the top of the stair case there was Uma. We all gasped in shock. Ben then walks to Uma helping her down the stairs. We all looked at each other confused. Ben then kisses his ring that was on Uma finger, him and Uma giggle to each other. That asshole and that sea bitch.

Mal looked so heartbroken. " I'm sorry, it all happened so fast. Something happened to me while I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection. " Uma nodded excitedly.

" What are you saying?" Mal asked in disbelief.

" It was love!" Uma said all girly. " It was. I just realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

" We are." Ben said dreamily staring into Uma eye. " You're so beautiful."

" Ben. Ben. Did you go back for her?" Mal said trying to hold back tears.

" he didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed and I'm an excellent swimmer, so..."

" You are" Ben complimented. I feel my body getting hot with anger. I start to move forward to punch Ben, but Carlos grabs my shoulder and pulls me back.

" Can you hold Carla? I need to go to Mal." Carlos takes her out of my arms and I walk over putting my hands on her shoulders. Uma then comes forward.

" Listen Mal." Uma goes to grab Mal's hands but I grab her wrists. She looks at me then pulls her hands back. " I just really want to thank you. I do. For everything." She then tries to hug Mal, but not before my hair goes up in flames and everyone gasps.

" Don't" I threaten her. Mal then signals me to go back which I do.

" That's new." Carlos whispers looking at my hair.

" What's new?" I say confused. Evie then pulls out a mirror and I see my hair... on fire? " I guess that's new." I take a few deep breathes, to calm myself down, and I feel the flames go out.