Ice Cream Date : Izuku Midoriya

Start from the beginning

"Oh?"

"Do you want to go out on a date with me? Just to go get ice cream or something? There's that place a few blocks away."

You allowed yourself a small smile. That would be a perfect opportunity to pick you up out of this slump you had gotten yourself into. "That sounds great."

The two of you sat and cuddled for a moment longer before finally getting up. You adjusted yourself in the mirror before turning to go, taking Izuku's arm and giving him a kiss on the cheek as he led you out the door.

You walked side by side, arm in arm. The air was fresh, and you could already feel the effect it had on your state. You found your steps growing a little springier, and you rested your cheek on Izuku's shoulder.

He smiled down at you. "You seem like you're feeling better already," he pointed out.

"Yeah. I think I just needed an excuse to get out of the dorms."

It wasn't long before you reached a cute little ice cream parlor. You'd been there before; it was a popular hang out destination among the U.A. students. You'd gone with both friends and your boyfriend alike, and you anticipated this new pending visit.

Izuku smiled and held the door open for you like the gentleman he was, bell tinkling on the frame as it opened. You smiled and thanked him as you stepped in, the familiar smell of freezers and sweet cream flooding your nose. The two of you walked up to the counter where a single employee stood. There was no line, so she allowed you to stand in front of the display as you decided on a flavor. 

Izuku held your hand and leaned over to speak in your ear. "Do you want to get something together to share?"

You smiled and nodded, a faint blush heating your cheeks. "What flavor do you want?"

"How about mint? Chocolate chip?" He pointed to the green tub, flecked with brown bits of chocolate. (If y'all don't like mint choco chip, first off, get out, second, go ahead and change it to whatever you want, I don't care. I just ... idk, its green like his hair ... whatever.)

"That sounds great."

He called the employee lady over and asked for a bowl, the two of you watching as she scooped out some of the ice cream. You asked for your favorite toppings on your half and Izuku requested his. The woman before you plunged two spoons into the neatly arranged scoops, grinning slyly at you and your boyfriend as she slid it to you. 

You flushed and averted your eyes as Izuku paid, taking his change and the receipt and shoving them into his pocket. He picked up the bowl and let you lead him to your favorite table. It was right next to a window and you could see the street perfectly. There was always the option to people-watch as others went about their way; some in groups, others alone, each one going about their day in their own unique manner.

Today, however, you were more interested in the green-haired boy who had settled himself across from you. You leaned forward and brought your spoon from its place wedged in the ice cream, taking a small amount to your mouth and allowing it to slip between your lips. You studied Izuku as he did the same, savoring the sweet taste on his tongue.

He struck up a conversation with you, chatting about a particular move he was working on. You listened intently, adding appropriate 'hm's and 'ooh's between licks of ice cream off your spoon. You noticed his eyes start to grow distant as he started plotting out a new strategy, his voice lowering into an ever quickening mutter.

You smiled at his hushed, sped up talking, finding it utterly adorable. You were more or less able to follow along with his thought pattern, but you knew what could happen if you let him mutter to himself for too long. You dipped your spoon in the melting dollup of whipped cream and tapped his nose with it, a little white daub left behind on the tip of his freckled nose.

His eyes fluttered and blinked at the sudden, cold sensation of it. Izuku straightened, finally looking back into your grinning face. "I was muttering again, wasn't I?" he asked sheepishly, a little flustered blush materializing on his cheeks.

"It's really cute," you said, your (E/C) eyes twinkling at him.

He wiped the cream off with his finger and stuck it into his mouth. A small part of you regretted that you were too far away to kiss it off him, but tender nose kisses could always be had later.

Izuku asked you again what had been going on with you when he'd walked into your room earlier, and you went on a rant of your own on how you'd been feeling overwhelmed lately.

"You could have asked me for help, you know," he said once you were done, placing his spoon in the now-empty bowl.

"Yeah . . . ," you said, tapping a finger on the table. "I was just hoping I would be able to get something done without bothering you."

"You wouldn't have been bothering me. I like working with you." Izuku reached for your hand on the table and pulled it into the center, letting his scarred and calloused fingers caress yours. "We can work in my room when we get back if you want."

"That sounds good." You flipped your hand so you could comfortably rub your thumb against Izuku's, taking over for him. The two of you watched out the window for a moment, noticing how the sun had begun to sink lower in the sky.

"Want to get headed back?" Izuku finally asked.

"Sure."

You both stood and he took the empty bowl, setting it in the stack with the others on top of a waste bin. He took your hand again and walked you out of the shop, waving to the woman behind the counter as you left. You both swung your joined arms as you walked back, giddily grinning at how your fingers stayed firmly intertwined between you.

"Thanks for rescuing me," you said.

"What?"

"I probably would be waking up from one of my depression naps right now if it wasn't for you," you said. "Thanks."

"No problem."

You walked all the way back to his room. 

"Is there anything you need to get?" Izuku asked as you stood in front of his door.

You bit your lip, not wanting to get into the elevator to take you back to your room to grab your laptop. "Maybe in a little bit. Is it okay if we take a break for just a little longer?"

He broke into a smile, the signature, heart-liquifying sunshine smile of his. "Of course." 

Izuku took you into his room, pulling you onto the bed and into his arms, just like he had in your room an hour before. Except this time, the heaviness had been lifted. This time, the fog that had plagued your mind had dissipated. Izuku knew exactly what it took to pull you out of a slump and back into a brighter bliss, and you couldn't be more grateful.

═══════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════

Author's Note:

I am shook at how nicely this one turned out! I've been meaning to do a date/outing fic for the longest time (they tend to make me a little uncomfortable for some reason), and this was so perfect for the first one! If you couldn't tell, I started writing this in a bit of a slump, but over the course of the day, I was able to pull myself out of it. I don't have a Midoriya to my name for me to hug or take me out for ice cream, but all in all, I managed for myself ヽ(ー~ )ノ. I needed this after the bit of writer's block I've been having lately, and what better way than to spend some time with my (second?) favorite boy Izuku?!

I hope that if anyone feels similar to how y/n did at the beginning they can feel better! My recommendation for if you're feeling like that is to just get up and do something else. Self care is important! Even if it's something as small as shaving your legs and painting your nails (👀), giving yourself some time off is beneficial for everyone!

Thanks for reading! I love y'all!

-Sugar