Ch. 26 - Again

Picture: Rayna's Outfit
Song: Ugly by Nicole Dollanganger
Words: 1682
Published: July 24th, 2020
Third Person POV

As Ophelia was only thinking about herself when she left, and Frank was only thinking about his mate, the two left Luke and Leigh in Harley and Rayna's care.

About an hour after they left, Luke, Leigh, and Rayna are hanging out together in the living room of the Alpha Wing while Harley works. The two are only three to four years younger than Rayna, as she just graduated high school while Leigh is in the last bit of their freshman year.

"Tell me about you guys," Rayna says, sitting down on the couch, trying to break the ice. The two sit next to her.

"I'm Leigh. Fifteen, pansexual, non-binary. I use they/them pronouns, so . . ." Leigh starts, stressing out the 'o' in 'so'. "I came out to our mother a few months ago, having known what I am since sixth grade, but she just doesn't get it. Goddess, was she pissed when I cut my hair." They chuckle.

"Name's Luke. I'm sixteen, and a cis dude. I'm asexual, but I'm refraining coming out to my friends and mother for the time being," Luke adds.

"Cool," Rayna comments. "I can already see why you wouldn't wanna come out to your mother."

"Yeah," Luke awkwardly agrees, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I can't believe she just left you two here," Rayna mutters.

"Eh." Leigh shrugs. "She leaves us a lot of places without realizing. One time she left us at another pack during a large gathering all because she wanted her grand exit."

"Yeah. Anywhere is better than with her," Luke chimes in.

"Well, I'm sure you guys can stay here for as long as you want," Rayna tells them.

"She'll come back for us in a few days. Good thing we have clothes here," Leigh says.

"Do you two go to an all year 'round school?" Rayna asks. "Just wondering 'cause of the uniforms."

"Yeah. We have like, one more week until we have two months off," Luke explains.

"Cool. I just graduated high school a few weeks ago. What's that kinda school like?"

"It's nice. To be honest, it works a lot better for me than just non-stop school for nine months," Leigh exclaims.

"Agreed," Luke pitches in. "The uniforms aren't even that bad considering it's a lot better than my last school."

Rayna nods. "Sounds nice."

"So . . . How did you and Harley meet?" Leigh questions, wiggling their eyebrows.

"Oh, uhm, he was visiting my pack," Rayna tells them. They nod.

"What's your family like?" Luke asks, then awkwardly chuckles. "It has to be better than ours, right?"

"I don't think so," Rayna says honestly. "I'm adopted. I have three older brothers, who are all biological, and my mom died when I was fourteen. Since then, my adoptive dad and one of my brothers have been abusive towards me—both mentally and physically."

"Oh . . ."

"But everyone has their own problems, and their experiences and emotions are valid," Rayna says, shaking her head and smiling to change the mood. "Anyways, you guys like board games?"