Chapter 18

"What happened?!" I said a bit louder then I expected to as I ran over towards Melodys unconscious body.
"I don't know...I found her like this" Annie said to me. Tears welded up in my eyes as I seen her bruised up face
"Where was she?" I asked. I felt Graysons hand graze my back as he stared down
"In her room, under the covers, unconscious" Annie shook her head and stood up, crossing her arms over her chest
"It doesn't make sense, someone obviously did this to her. She didn't just beat herself up in her sleep" Annie spoke
"But who? No one has a key to her home besides you and me, and mine is on my keychain and I can literally see your key on your backpack" I said as i pointed towards her backpack on the chair.
"I know, but the doors and windows were completely shut and locked when I got there. So this doesn't make sense." Annie said
"Family members?" I asked as I looked up to her
"Why would her family try to kill her Loni?"
"I don't know, but how else did someone get in?"
None of this added up. Someone did some good damage to her and at least this time I knew it wasn't Luke.

"What did the doctors say?" Grayson asked.
"They said she's stable, but all they could figure out was that she was beaten" Annie grabbed Melodys hand and sat next to her
"She'll be okay Annie, I promise" I said, trying to comfort her
"I hope so" was the last thing Annie said before me and Grayson left. I get it, we're all super close friends, but Annie and Melody have been spending more and more time together lately, and the only reason I've been absent is because of all the shit going on. I hated not being there for them, I hated not being able to hangout, It all sucked so much.
But things had to keep moving, I knew Melody was gonna be fine, and that's the only reason why I left. I didn't know how long it would take for our lazy ass police to do some digging, but they needed to hurry up.

"Can you drop me off at home?" I asked Grayson as we got in the car
"Are you sure?" He was hesitant
"Yes, I'm sure"
It's been a couple weeks since I've seen dad, or have even been home. Even though I was dreading this, I needed to make sure he was okay.

"Good luck Loni" Grayson said as he pulled up to my house, I gave him a forced smile and opened the car door
"Dad?" I shouted as I walked into our home
All the lights were shut off, besides the kitchen. He was no where to be seen in the downstairs floor...the whole room still had a strong stench of alcohol when I walked over towards the kitchen island.
Letters behind letters laid on the counter, unopened. The only one that seemed to be important was the bright red paper.

I scanned over it and my heart sunk. It was a eviction notice. We had seven days to get all of our things out of the house, and by the looks of it, none of our stuff was in boxes.
"Dad?!" I shouted again, my heart was racing even more now. I couldn't handle myself if something happened to him. Sure, he was a mess when shit hit the fan, but I still loved him with my entire heart.
As I walked down the hallway I checked every room, even his, and he was no where to be seen

My eyes widened as I seen him laying against the side of the bathtub, passed out.
I screamed for help as a loud ringing went through my ears. The back of his head was bloody and no one was around.
I dialed Graysons number without a doubt in my mind, everyone else was busy and I knew he would come back
"Everything okay Loni?"
"No, No my dad is unconscious Grayson. I think he fell and hit his head because it's all bloody" my voice was shaky as I tried supporting dad
"I-I need help-" the line cut off and I heard the front door swing open.
And rushed upstairs and found us...

An hour passed and he was now in the same hospital as Melody. It felt like my head was spinning. So much happened and I hated it. I hated every single moment of it.
Dad-Keeth-Luke-Melody
"Loni, your dad..."