First Impression

Emily POV

As the prince Nolan bowed his head politely, I curtsied in return. My sapphire blue eyes peered through my long eyelashes as I analyzed the prince. This was the first time meeting and although I knew were to be married I hated the idea. He took my hand in to his as I stood up straight and held my head high. I only reached up to his chest and it made me feel small and insecure as he took my hand up to his lips and kissed it with gentle grace. He chucked keeping my hand imprisoned within his and guiding me on to the dance floor.

“Princess Emily I’m honored to have the first dance with you” He said politely but smirked.

“The honor is Mine Prince Nolan” I say tightening my hand in his for a second ending with a soft shy smile.

“Oh please... Just Nolan we are after all... going to be married within a month” He said dryly

“Yes that’s right… You may call me Emily if you so wish” I said as people parted giving us all the room we needed in the middle of the dance floor.

He grinned looking down at me and said “Oh I intend to Emily."

His intense green emerald eyes peered through my own eyes causing me to look away.  The way he said my name made me shiver. He was handsome don’t get me wrong but he was also a well known player. I had a feeling in my gut that he wouldn’t be giving me the kiss of true love I so desperately needed. But if I was going to make this work I had to pretend everything was alright and well.

I would only dance one song and then retreated to my new room. I knew this was a ball to commemorate our engagement but I couldn’t stay within the public’s eyes for much longer. I could change any minute and this beautiful pink layered dress with precious stones would fall to the ground and an ugly white swan would emerge.

The prince placed a hand on the small of my back and it slowly ran down my spine stopping at my waist it sent more shivers through my body. He held my other hand to the right and we began to dance. I placed my free hand on his shoulder and followed. He was good at guiding but I knew I was good at dancing. We both moved with ease and grace gilding over the dance floor. Of course we were taught how to dance. It was one of the few fun things to do in the kingdom.

As the music slowed down and our pace changed to allow for more intimidate contact and I felt him waste no time at all as he pulled me closer. I blush softly at the sudden contact.

“Princess… you’re blushing quite a lot” he said with a grin as he moved his head lower so that our faces were only an inch apart.

“It’s… just make-up” I mumble turning away from his gaze.

I felt his lips brush against my ear lobe then nip it. I jolt up in response, almost tripping but he held me tightly keeping me steady. He whispered in my ear “I think you want me... just like every woman in every kingdom does” he exhales a warm breath in my ear.

The feeling was… strange it made not only my ear tingly but my whole body. I let out a soft whimper letting him hold me and guide me again. “I think… you’re… too full of your self” I state.

He chuckled pulling back and staring down at me “So I am… I guess you could say it’s all the experience I’ve acquired” He said matter of factly.

Before I could get another word in the music stopped and I had to plaster a fake smile on. I felt a tapped on my shoulder it was my father and I knew it was time to go. My father had a thick black beard, short hair, blue eyes and boy was he round. I loved my father he was a kind man taxes weren't too high in our kingdom he actually helped the poor and we hadn't had a war since he began ruling.

“I’m sorry to take her Prince Nolan but… I have a few things to discuss with my daughter and after all you will have a lifetime with her after tonight” He said with a light chuckle his hand grasping my wrist in urgency.

“Its fine king Henry I will just have to find her later for another dance” Nolan said winking at me.

“I would love that” I said as my father turned away and pulled me along with him.

“Go to the garden your mother will pick up your dress there the other swans we brought are already there” He whispered quickly in my ear.

I nodded and as he let go of my wrist I picked up my dress and hurried to the central garden. Thankfully the garden had a rather large pond with dozens of trees and bushes to hide my secret. My father had brought a few swans as presents well that and to also help cover up my transformation every night. They would find it suspicious to find one swan there every night right? 

I felt my dress becoming looser around me as my body felt tingly. And I let out a soft cry “moth-“ my voice cut off and I let out a screech; a swan cry. She appeared to my side and as I fell to the ground and got dizzy I heard her signing a lullaby and then her gentle hands were around me protecting me as my body twitched and I began to change.

Soon my vision had changed the world didn’t seem so colorful but not so dark either. My mom was very beautiful she had long brown hair which she always braided and put up gold strans through it. She had a small long nose and thin lips and her eyes were a bright blue just like mine. Even when she cried she was beautiful and right now under the moonlight I could see her face was different. She was crying and petting as she petted me with one hand while the other held a handkerchief to her mouth.

“I’m sorry Emily…” She said sobbing her face was etched with worry and sadness.

No mom! Don’t be sad! I tried to say but all that came out was another screech “Whoohoo” or maybe it sounded more like a trumpet?

It only made my mother cry harder her hands moving down holding me one at my chest one on my back as she dropped her handkerchief. I had noticed that she cried every time I turned since she found out but… never like this.

“I can’t believe you’re my daughter” she said calming down a little more.

I stare up at her and I could see my reflection in her eyes. I was a swan and only one thing would change that. I had been cursed by a witch… why you may ask well I honestly don’t know my self. All I know is I must break the curse with a true loves kiss. I guess I have to fall in love with that pervert and he with me.

I feel my mothers gentle hands become rough as she runs her hand from my head down my neck over and over “You just cant be my Emily” She says staring down her eyes distant.

I feel a shiver at her eyes she had never looked at me like that. I try to say something again forgetting she can’t understand me and it comes out like a low quack almost. Wtf am I a duck now?

Her hands move to my neck holding it gently “Your not Emily… your just a swan” She states anger rising in her eyes.

I stare up at her confused. I am Emily I am mom I just can’t talk. I want to say but I just shake my head at her. She tightens her grip on my neck which frightens me but I stay still on her lap. She couldn’t possibly harm me, she’s my mom!

Then I feel her delicate fingers wrap around my neck with both her hands and squeeze “If I kill you I will get my daughter back” Her eyes were cold and I couldn’t see a trace of my kind loving mother in them. I try to cry out but nothing comes up the air and sound being cut off by her hands. I lift up kicking and flapping my wings as she squeezes even harder. She was going to kill me... my own mother was going to kill me.

Hey guys I'm kinda new at sharing stories plz comment and let me know how you like it so far thank you for reading!!))