Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Of course he had to come. He just had to come to America and ruin my birthday after crushing my heart. Seriously, what was going through is head?

I turn on my heal and burst threw the doors. I just needed to get away from them, all of them. It’s pretty hard to run in a short dress and ballet flats, but right now I didn’t care if I was flashing people my undies.

“Avery!” He calls from behind me. “Avery! Wait! Just let me talk to you!”

No, no, no! Why can’t people just leave me alone!

I see a field up ahead with a lone willow tree. It’s sagging branches are low and full of leaves. Maybe I could hide behind it until they stop looking for me. It was just down a short hill.  I try to push myself harder and reach the tree quickly, but I’m already breathing heavily. My god, I’m out of shape. 

I can hear Zayn’s rapid foot steps catching up to me. Crap, I’m not going to make it to the tree. But I’m already on the grass. Maybe I’ll…

Suddenly I tackled from behind. I fall to the ground, tangled up in his arms and legs. Our momentum kept us rolling down the hill. For one quick second, I felt like a little kid again. I used to love rolling down a grassy hill, especially if it just been mowed. Joey and I would have a race and our father would be waiting at the bottom to determine the winner. Then our mom would call us inside and tell us to clean up.

We stopped rolling and I was brought back to reality. The reality where my father and brother were dead and my mother abandoned me. I can feel the smile sliding from my face.

“Don’t let that smile leave your face, darling.” Zayn says. His body is pinning mine to the ground and his face is only inches away from my own. I just want to smack that god damn smirk off his face… so I did.

He looked shocked for a second and brought hi hand up to his cheek. I used to opportunity to try to wiggle out from underneath him. He noticed what I was try to do and pushed my back down by my shoulders and kept his hands there.

“You got away once. I’m not letting that happen again.”

“Zayn, get the fuck off me. I don’t want to talk to you now. Or ever really.”

“I don’t really get why you’re so mad. I was drunk and I di-”

“And you didn’t mean it.” I snort. “You really don’t get it, do you? You were acting like my mother, someone who hurt me and abandoned me. Everyone I’ve ever really loved has abandoned and left me. My mother, father, my brother… And you’re just next on the list. I’ll do something to hurt you, you do something to hurt me and then we never see each other again. That’s how it’s going to work.  So we might as well end it here. Just say I was a summer fling.”

 Zayn slowly lowered his head and pressed his forehead against mine. He looked me in the eye and said “But you are not just summer fling. I can’t explain the feelings that I have developed for you over the past few weeks. Honestly, they scare me. But I know for sure that I would never EVER hurt you on purpose. And I will defiantly never leave you. I promise you that.”

I don’t say anything. I just stare into his eyes. They are so pretty. The outside is a dark brown although it lightens the closer to the pupil it is. I watch them as they flicker down to my lips and back again. And then we’re kissing.

His lips were still as soft as I remember, but rougher. More controlling. I can’t say I didn’t like it. His tongue slips into my mouth and I bring my hands up to his and lace our fingers together. Zayn lets out a low moan and I couldn’t help but break apart and giggle. He just smiles back.

Then, from the top of the hill we hear 4 voices yell out “Yes!” We look to see the outline of 4 boys and a girl standing up the hill. All of the boys were hi-fiving.

“I’m still going to kill you for bring him here!” I yell to them.

“But aren’t you glad they did?” He whispers in my ear and kissed the soft spot below it.

I look up at him and hold up my pinky between us. He looks at it for a moment in confusion and then wraps his pinky around my own.

“Pinky promises are serious, Zayn. You can’t break that shit.”

“As if I’d want to.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Avery.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Well that was short. But they needed to make up!!! I can't leave the beautiful couple apart! 

Oh, i'm writting another story, A Bed of Roses. So check it out? Yay :) 

GUESS WHAT! I'm going to my first high school party tonight, woop woop!!!! it only took 2 years... but yeah i'm super excitedddddd

AND THANK YOU FOR OVER 300 READS. YOU'RE WONDERFUL, YOU'RE AMAZING, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT. 

~Love, Kate