Chapter 15| The Call

Start from the beginning

Caspian started his speech, "Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to, but for those of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forfathers."

A man spoke out from the crowd, "It's been generations since we left Telmar."

"We're not refering to Telmar," Aslan explained, "Your ancestors were sea-faring briggans – pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our kings and queens, and our Silvanus."

Edmund and I looked at each other in slight shock. This information was new to almost everyone, it seemed, for murmurs sprung from the crowd like how small plants would spring from the soil.

"It is to that Island I can return you," Aslan continued, "It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start."

The people looked toward each other in uncertainity. Moments passed with only slight chatter and murmurs. For a second, I thought no-one would go, but then a voice rose from the crowd.

"I will go," a man I recognised as Miraz's general stepped forward, "I will accept the offer."

I watched as Caspian bowed his head in recognition and respect – no doubt Caspian recognised him from his days in the castle – and the general did the same.

"So will we," a woman with a small baby in her arms and another man stepped forward. I realiased with great surprise that this was Miraz's wife and son, along with a man I did not know.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good," Aslan blew a warm breath over the four, and I knew they could feel his power in that simple action. His breath was the magic that would set his words in place.

Everyone watched in surprise as the large tree in the center of the stage started untwisting itself until it formed an arch-like structure. The four telmarine slowly approached the arch, but once they were under it's shaded cover they disappeared – as if they were never there.

I felt my eyes widen and I hastily rubbed them before looking again, only to find the people still gone. Simultaneously, Edmund and I looked toward each other wearing matching expressions of shock. We had both seen many types off magic, but never had someone just disappeared like that before,

The crowd clearly felt the same, for they all let out cries of shock, surprise and even anger. Some even dared to accuse murder, yelling out, "He killed them!"

I looked at the people and focused on snding a calm breeze throughout the square in hopes of calming the crowd.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our death?" A man questioned.

They were uncertain, and they had right to feel that way. I knew that despite all the talk of peace and untiy, the Telmarines feared the Narnians now more than they ever had, because the Narnians now had the favour fo their King, and the Narnains had every right to hate them and kill them. They were scared.

"Sire," the voice of Reepicheep spoke out, "if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay."

Aslan didn't answer, he only looked toward Peter and Susan with a look that sent my stomach spiralling into an unknown abyss. The lion wore a knowing smile, and I felt my face frown into a state of worry.

"We'll go," Peter spoke the words that sent a crack down the middle of my heart.

"We will?" Edmund questioned in confusion. He looked between me and Peter like a gambler deciding who had the best deal.