Chapter 20

*******the picture above is how I visualize the waterfall but feel free to visualize something else if you want********

After we finished our meals, Sebastian and I decided to go for a swim. We splashed around for about an hour before deciding to dry off. Sebastian decided to lie his clothes out to dry and change into his wolf while I decided to just sun-dry. Sebastian curled into a ball and fell asleep and I leaned against him staring at the sky.

Now would be a great time to practice your magic. Anja said suddenly.

Look who decided to show up. I replied sarcastically.

I'm sorry. Breaking the seal took a lot out of me as well as you. She said. Maybe you should try out your new powers.

I don't know how.

Just...concentrate. Think about lifting the water out of the pond. Think about it rising up into the air. She said gently. I pictured exactly what she said. In my mind I pictured a small blob of water rising into the air. Sweat started to drip from my forehead. A headache started to form and exhaustion took over me.

"With that spiritual energy you'll never lift the water." A feminine voice said from behind me. I jumped and the water I had lifted splashed back down into the pond.

"Now sister, do not scare the girl." A male voice said from the same direction. Sebastian shot up from his lying position and jumped in front of me, growling. I turned slowly and peered over the large, protective wolf to see two dark figures emerging from the trees slowly. As the came into view more I realized it was a boy and a girl. They looked physically no older than I was, 16 or 17 maybe, but the glint in their eyes told me they were actually much older than they looked. Both of them had beautiful snow white hair. The girls hair fell all the way to her waist in beautiful beach wave curls with turquoise streaks
while the boy's hair had a preppy mod style with electric purple streaks. As they came closer I saw they both had shocking eyes. The girl had purple eyes while the boy had turquoise eyes. The wind picked up, causing a mixture of smells to flow through the air. Lemon, roses, and a smokey, musky woods scent filled my nose causing me to gag. Sebastian heard me and started to growl louder, raising his hackles higher. The two strangers stopped, looked at one another then looked back to him. Suddenly the male's hand shot up sending Sebastian flying. I heard a tree crack behind me and flinched. The male started to walk again but passed me and continued on towards Sebastian. I looked back and saw Sebastian pinned to the ground with the white haired boy standing over him. Suddenly, a vicious growl ripped through the air causing everyone to jump. I looked around searching for the culprit to only realize it was me. I growled again.

"Stay away from him!" I said. The boy only smiled.

"Wow! Quite vicious." He said.

"Don't push me!"

"What will you do?" The girl said. I turned and nearly ran into her. She had come up behind me while I was turned around. I backed away slowly only to bump into the boy.

"Please." I begged. "I don't want to hurt anyone. Just...go away.

"Oh dear, you can't hurt us! See this?" The girl said holding up one of her many necklaces. "This is a rare stone called Amber Fire. It is charmed and protects us from any harm. And do you see this?" She asked holding up another. "This is filled with a little substance called aconite. Do you know what that is?" I shook my head. Aconite? Where had I heard that name before. Suddenly I saw the girl hand move and a searing pain started to burn across my chest and neck. I fell to my knees and screamed. Sebastian growled louder and started to thrash in his invisible restraints. When the pain finally receded I lifted my arm to inspect it.