23. midnight swim

Start from the beginning

 "Stella, this is a public beach and not our room. You have to keep your clothes on." Harry tells me frowning and I throw my shorts towards him.

  "Estelle, put your clothes back on." Harry commands but I can recognize the smirk that is stealing its way onto his face.

 I can hear Harry yelling my name once again but I just run into the ocean. I walk into the water until the water reaches up to my belly button. That is when I spin around to see that Harry still stands there with his feet in the warm sand, holding my clothes up.

  "Join me." I yell and motion him with my finger to come closer.

 Harry hesitantly looks around before he pulls his shirt over his head and then his jeans down, leaving him in his black boxer briefs. Casually, he walks into the ocean and I run towards him as fast as the water allows me only to tackle him to the ground.

 We both laugh out loud when we sit on the ground where the water is flat. Waves crash on us as if we were stones. I adjust Harry's hat on my head before I get up and run further into the vast sea.

 I come to a stop when the water reaches my breasts. I look up at the sky and realize that the night sky has something mysterious that wants to be discovered. The stars that are splattered across the sky look like an artist wanted to use some sort of glitter on a painting but ended up sprinkling it everywhere. However, the stars are, compared to the moon, just small holes in the sky.

 Suddenly I sense a strong presence behind me and grin. Harry grabs my hips and pulls me closer against his muscular body. His lips press down on my shoulder and slowly make their way up to my neck. I spin around in his loose embrace. I slowly lean in but Harry tightens his grip around my waist only to lift me up and throw me into the water. A loud screech escapes my lip but Harry on the other hand laughs loudly.

 When I come back up to the surface, Harry is holding his stomach and has his eyes squeezed shut. I splash him multiple times.

  "Stop splashing me!" He laughs and splashes back. Harry opens his eyes and then go wide, "Where's my hat? My hat!"

 I touch my head to check if I really lost it or if he was just messing with me. But there really is no hat on my head. I spin around and narrow my eyes to try and look for Harry's fedora. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness of the night I see a black thing floating around on the surface of the water. Harry seems to notice it in the same second as I did because he swims the crawl to quickly get to his hat that continues to float away from us.

  "Harry, come back! That's far enough." I say. I don't even want to imagine how deep the ocean has to be where Harry is right now, "Harry, come back, you idiot!"

 But he keeps swimming and swimming until he finally holds his beloved hat in his hands.

  "Harry, you idiot, come back right now!" I scream slightly scared. He is way too far in the ocean. What if the water current is too strong for him to swim back here?

  "Harry." I yell again.

  "I'm coming, I'm coming." He replies and I hear that he is out of breath.

 It takes him way longer to swim back here but I grab his hand to pull him with me when he finally is in reach. He puts his hat back on his head and tries to catch his breath.

  "That was dangerous, Harry!" I scold him and gently bump his chest with my fist.

  "You were the one who lost my hat."

  "Because you threw me into the water."

  "But you stole my hat in the first place." Harry argues back.