40. shower

CHAPTER 40: SHOWER

                           Friday, June 30th 2017 - Eugene, Oregon

             I immediately sit down on my bed and use my blanket as a cloak after Harry and I arrived at my home. When Harry enters my room he turns on the light and closes the door behind him. After he took off his shoes he walks over to my bed but stops in front of it, slightly bending down so his knees touch the edge of the bed.

 His hands rub over my arms that are covered in the soft blanket I threw over. I close my eyes as I enjoy his relaxing and warming gesture. But he stops to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

  "Are you okay?" Harry asks worried.

  "I don't know." I sigh and take his other hand off my arm to play with his fingers. I lean my cheek into his hand and he tenderly caresses the soft skin of my cheek by stroking over my cheekbone.

  "This dilemma with Sam, Jess and us is stressing me out and I don't know how to deal with all this stress." I tell him honestly and Harry nods along. He is peering at me in concern and compassion.

 Harry crouches down so he is at eye level with me, his hand is still on my cheek, "Look, we both made a mistake and we both hurt somebody. We did something wrong but that doesn't mean we are wrong. It's not wrong that we found each other through this, okay? And Sam knows that too. He's just too hurt to admit it."

  "But he had a point, you know? He deserves some happiness after all this, and Jess  too, and here we are living in our little bubble where we pretend that everything's fine and like we didn't hurt them."

  "But that's not what we're doing."

  "Yes. Yes, it is, Harry. We spent the past two weeks together and were in our own little bubble. If we hadn't met Sam today, we would have kept living in this bubble, wouldn't have wasted a thought on how they are doing and obviously they're not doing fine."

  "It takes time to get over someone and we can't help them there. I understand you want to help and want to see them happy. Trust me, I want that too but this shouldn't stop you from being happy." Harry says and his thumb moves from my cheek to my bottom lip to tenderly trace it.

 His thumb drops to my chin when I speak up, "Doesn't feel right, though. I mean it feels right to be with you but it doesn't feel right to be happy when they aren't."

  "So what? You want to break up with me already?" Harry asks fear-mongering.

  "No, God no! I wouldn't—That wouldn't help us and I don't want to. Certainly not," I answer with wide eyes but then helplessness takes over me, "Do you think I should call Jess and tell her so she won't have to find out like Sam did?"

  "I make you an offer. I'm going to visit her tomorrow and tell her. I'm going to explain everything to her from that I've never loved her and it's always been you to us being together now." Harry offers.

  "Okay, thank you," I say and lean forward to give him a short peck on the lips, "I'm gonna take a shower now."

 I kiss him once more before I rise from my bed. But when I reach the door to my room and notice that Harry hasn't followed me yet, I stop and spin around. Harry has just stood up from crouching on the floor and sat down on my bed His eyebrows rise in confusion when he sees me standing at my door.

  "What?"

  "Are you not going to join me?" I ask and I catch a small lopsided grin tugging on the corner's of his mouth before Harry shakes his head.