68. shooting star

CHAPTER 68: SHOOTING STAR

Saturday, August 19th 2017 - Eugene, Oregon

"Where the hell are we?" I ask Harry and stare out of the window as we pass by trees and trees and more trees. All I see are either green trees or dead trees, some leaves on the ground and plants. We are in the midst of a forest but I don't know which city this forest belongs to and I don't have a clue why Harry is taking me here.

 This morning we finished packing our things for the little road trip Harry has planned and went off. We put our bags into the tiny trunk of Harry's car and started driving away. During the ride I wasn't too sure whether Harry knew where he was going but maybe that was the plan. Just driving around until you find a place you like and where you like to stay. And the next day you do the same. That is the definition of a road trip to me and I wish our first road trip would have been like the secret road trip Harry and I went on during the actual road trip with our friends.

Harry looks at me with a knowing grin. He knows exactly where we are going but doesn't want to tell me. He also know that it's killing me not to know where we are going but then again I really love surprises. I love the feeling of excitement that you have in your stomach--even though it's always mixed with a tiny bit of anxiety. However, I trust Harry and I'm sure he doesn't drive all the way into the forest to leave me there alone.

"You'll see."

"Is it going to be scary? Do I have to mentally prepare myself for anything?" I ask him, turning my head to him. He keeps looking straight forward and smirks. But his tiny smirk evolves into laughter.

"No, you don't have to worry about anything. Trust me."

His last words carry more weight than they would have done normally. Trust issues have been becoming a problem between us. Both of us are dubious towards each other in different situations and we've had many fights about trust. I lean my head against the head rest of his car and look at him. He pulled his curly hair back in a bun and sunglasses are covering his amazing green eyes. Harry is dressed in black jeans and a black shirt which shows off his tattoos on his left arm perfectly.

"I do. I do trust you." I say, not taking my eyes off Harry. His grin grows into a sincere smile and he glances at me for a second. He takes the right hand off the steering wheel, only holding it with the left hand now, and takes my hand in his. He lifts my hand up to his face and presses a kiss to the back of my hand. I can't help but smile because of his sweet gesture.

We drive for a few more minutes and then Harry stops the car at a place that looked like every other part of this forest. There were trees and plants and leaves on the ground. I gave Harry a questioning look but he just let go of my hand and stepped out of the car.

It is already pretty late which is why it's dawning. The dusk gives the forest a mysterious vibe, but also a scary one. The weak wind that blows around adds to it because it whirls up some leaves, creating noises that give you goose bumps when you're in such a lonely and quiet place which is dove in a dawning light.

Harry goes to the trunk and takes a bag out. Confused, I do the same as he did and step out of his car. It's still warm outside, but then again a bit chilly when a breath of wind hits my naked arms. I place my warm palms on my upper arms and rub up and down. Harry closes the trunk and then locks his car. Afterwards he walks over to me and places his sunglasses on top of his head.

"Are you ready?" He asks and I shrug.

Harry takes my hand in his, with the other hand he is holding the bag, and walks us through the undergrowth. He keeps branches away from my face and tells me when I have to be careful with where I will set my foot. At some point, we finally made it out of the forest and stand in front of a river. We stop for a second and I take in my surroundings. But Harry quickly pulls me with him, approaching the shore of the river a bit more.