The Darkness of Tomorrow Chapter 5

Colton’s POV

“Do you think that this is a joke?” Ross asked me, his dark eyes filled with fury. I kept my expression lifeless, body still, and eyes unmoving. “No, sir."

He put his hands behind his back, the fury was still there but he was calm. Or at least calm enough since he was still in his human form. Foster smirked and our heads snapped in his direction.  He moved away from the wall and walked over to us, giving Ross a bow as he stood beside me. 

Ross smiled, his eyes relaxed but just barely. His hands were at his sides now as he glanced quickly from me to Foster. “She’s alive” Ross said sharply, the venom and hate strong in his voice.

Her. An evil monster, the worst of us all maybe. And of course she was Satan’s old lover, my father was ordered to get rid of her, it was quite easy. When she was near death, he left her to die somewhere in the middle of nowhere. She was a Ichtaca which meant Keeper of secrets in Nahuatl. But by the expression on his face, I could tell that she was still alive.

"Where is she?" I asked leaning on my toes (I hated that Foster was taller than me. Even though it was by an inch) and straightened my back. Dad's head snapped back in my direction and he gave me a smile, his sharp teeth were sticking out. I took a step back and he changed form, going from human to demon in seconds. His pale skin made a tearing sound as it started to rip, first from his back and then his face. Out of his back came black, leathery wings that were big and strong. At the top of both of them were sharp bones that could stab you to death easily. His face was almost all black but with a big red line from his forehead to his chin. His body looked like it was made of stone, his chest and lower body were all a coal black colour and looked like a shell to protect him.

"Foster, I have another assignment for you to do" dad said to Foster. His face fell, and his fingers twitched as I smirked. The room got silent while they had their stare down.

"Colton" dad said still staring at Foster, a weird twisted smile was on his lips as he said, "go to the map of Wonders' and it'll tell you where to find her".

************************************************************

The Map of Wonders wasn't a full map. It was half of a map and half of a mirror. The map was to tell you where you were going, and the mirror was to take you there. I took a deep breathed and held my palm towards the map. I faintly touched it, my body shivered while the map slowly made its way inside of my palm, it felt like a knife was slicing through me, I clenched my jaw tightly as sharp object moved slowly out of the map and towards me. The object pulled out of my palm slowly, a fully bottle, the size of a hand of my blood was inside of it, there was still some blood dripping.

"Fresh blood" the map said and started moving. First, it showed me a map of Africa and then Europe and then North America and then finally, the United States. "Where do you wish to go?" The map asked me.

I let my arm drop to my side and took a deep breath. I never used the Map of Wonders before, I didn't know how it worked. But I did know who I was looking for. "Maimuna, Satan's old lover".

The map started spinning while mumbling weird things. "I shall take you, Colton" said the map, the voice boomed. It sounded like a female but then like a male at the same time. "But I shall not bring you back."

Before I could say anything, the Map sucked me inside and I shut my eyes tight while I transported to where Maimuna was.

Cool air hit my face and the map threw me out. I landed on the floor with a thump and I groaned. My eyes were wide open now as I stared up at the tall building in front of me.

Thanks for reading!