25-A-varice

Sonju then moved to an offensive position, attacking the queen with his spear, focusing mainly on her abdominal area. He managed to land a blow on her torso, creating a clean cut across it. Wait, but something was not right. Sonju stopped on his attack midair, he seemed to be struggling on getting back his spear. 

"Wait, that's-," Norman breathed out in disbelief. Something sticky appeared out of her torso, and it served as a hindrance towards Sonju's spear. He can't pull it out. 

"Adhesives." He continued with a look of recognition present on his face. How was the queen able to pull off such stunts?

Sonju quickly let go of his spear and retreated away from the queen before she countered his attack. 

"Don't worry, you can have it back." The queen pulled out the spear off of her body and threw it at Sonju with an enormous force, enough to send him doubling back into the wall. 

"Sonju!" Everyone yelled out in concern for the man. 

The queen sneered at our pathetic attempts, "It's true that my core is currently in my torso. But, so what? Even the young outcast of a royal family can't touch me. Sonju you will never understand, this absolute power. This feeling of omnipotence. I was reborn with the ability to retrieve the memories and the abilities of those I've devoured and wield them as mine. This world is mine, the world of the chosen! All lives are my food, the subordinates, the children, my family, I will eat more and become even stronger!" She screeched before her head doubled in size and it grew two sets of sharp jagged teeth. 

She's no longer a normal demon, she looked very wild and monstrous. She then lunged at Mujika at a deadly speed, catching everyone off guard. 

"Mujika run!" I heard Sonju yell at the still Mujika, refusing to budge from her place. 

No one was able to move in time to stop the queen's advances. However, to our surprise, the queen stopped midway just before her claws could pierce through Mujika. 

"Why do you make that face? Why do you not run?" The queen stopped in her tracks. 

"You poor creature," Mujika's calm voice filled the pin-drop silence in the room. "Why are you so desperate to fill your hunger? You have so much more than anyone, you can easily obtain anything." Mujika continued while gazing at her gently. 

The queen stayed still for a little while, caught off-guard by Mujika's question. Sonju immediately seized this chance to attack her away from Mujika. 

"I'm fine Sonju." Mujika stopped Sonju's advancements. 

What-what is exactly happening?

"You're starving, no matter how much you eat, you don't feel satisfied. What is it that you truly want? I feel sorry for you, if you were able to feel pleased, you could have a different future. You got caught up in limitless greed, forgot your respect to the gods, not realizing that you led yourself to destruction." Mujika said in a soothing voice. 

Ray, Emma and I were still on guard, protecting Norman and the unconscious Zazie. We have to prevent her from attacking the wounded at all cost. 

"Non-sense," The queen laughed, "Greed is virtue, it fueled power. Gods? I bow to nothing, I was born different, I am special. Led myself to destruction? Don't make me laugh." She laughed amusedly. 

"No, rather, you're already destroyed. You're already dead." Mujika countered her. 

"Shut up!" The queen screamed out and retaliated towards Mujika. Sonju was more than ready to face the queen's attack, but then her arm suddenly burst out into the faces of those she ate, just like those pillars filled with the faces of the people she had eaten her whole life. I felt very disturbed by the sudden appearance, that it sent shivers down my spine. 

"What happened?" I breathed out. 

"You overate." Mujika silently explained to the queen. 

"Your cells have reached their limit. You ingested a large amount of meat and poison all at once. It was too much for your dying body. The fact that you are able to retrieve their memory means that you're not able to properly digest them." Mujika concluded. 

Right after she said those words, all the heads protruding from the queen's body screamed out in pain, cursing the queen, screeching, it was hell. I held my breath for so long at the horrifying sight before me. There was a lot to take in. 

"I was born to change our species. And it's time for our world to change!" Mujika stated her purpose clearly. 

The queen started to degenerate into something unrecognizable, all the heads seemed to consume her into nothingness. Her head lolled back and forth in pain and agony, emitting a very inhumane screech. All the heads started talking, one of them was Michelle, our elder sister from Grace Field. 

"Michelle." I felt a great sense of sorrow at the sight of her smiling sadly at us. 

"The lives you consumed devours you," Mujika said as she stared at her degrading form, "Good bye your majesty, Queen Legravalima." She said at last before the queen vanished completely into the lives she devoured and froze forever. 

"She's dead, this time for sure." Mujika calmly stated while gazing pitifully at what was once the queen. 

 All the rush of events occurring, made me feel a little faint that I felt my knees grow weaker by each passing second. Norman reacted quickly and held my arm instinctively as soon as he saw my swaying steps. 

"Do you need to sit down for a bit?" He asked. 

"Thanks." I nodded and dropped down beside Zazie.

I sensed movement from the unconscious boy beside me. A small groan was heard from him, startling everyone from what they're doing. I quickly reacted and made sure he stayed still for a little while. 

"Zazie, don't move." I reached out for his hand immediately. 

"Thank goodness." Norman and Emma said as soon as they saw Zazie. 

"We should let him rest for a while and create room for him to breathe properly." I told them to refrain from crowding over and give Zazie more space. 

Ray, Emma and Norman were discussing something over with Mujika and Sonju, probably about the negotiation or the next step to take after the fall of the current monarch. I stayed with Zazie, trying to stop him from overexerting himself, he tried to move a lot. I know that the Lambda medicine was giving them a lot of advantages such as being super strong, but he still needed to undergo proper procedures else he'd be harming himself further. 

"I'll remove your mask for a little while alright? Just for a little while so you can breathe properly." I whispered softly at the boy in pain. 

I slowly removed the torn mask away from his face despite a slight protest from the boy. 

"It's alright, as soon as you feel better you can have it back." I smiled, patting his head gently until his tense body relaxed. 

Poor boy having to go through all this when he's only five. Soon after, he regained more strength and was able to stand properly. I saw Emma release Sonju from a hug and it certainly displayed a conflicted look on his face, but I'm sure it all ends well. I chuckled and brought the three of them, Mujika, Sonju and Emma together in a big hug. 

"Thank you! For everything!" Emma and I said before leaving along with Norman, Zazie and Ray.