16-N-orman

The clock chimed 12 times, signifying that the night was already turning to a new day. I felt my eyelid drop a few times and my head lolled to the sides. That was the last thing I remembered before falling into a deep slumber. The next thing I know, it was very bright and warm, sunlight seeped through my lids as I tried opening them. I rubbed my eyes several times trying to adjust to the light. 

"Good morning, _______." Norman greeted me with a smile right next to me. 

"Morning, Norman." I yawned and stretched. Mid-stretch, I suddenly realized that this is not the usual room, and-and the close proximity I was to Norman. 

"Norman!" I pushed myself away from him in surprise, forgetting that we're currently on a couch. I can feel my body losing its balance all the way to the floor, and Norman tried to catch me, also losing his balance mid-way due to his lack of strength. My back hit the floor along with Norman on tow. My mind is going so swiftly that I can not comprehend what happened. 

He groaned a little at the sudden impact, "Are you alright?" He asked me, I must have looked so lost and confused at that time. 

"Y-Yes, wh-what actually happened after I dozed off last night?" I stared at him concernedly. 

"Yeah, well I tried moving to do my work last night, but it didn't end up well." He smiled apologetically.

**************Basically what happened last night************

Norman woke up groggy after sleeping for a while, his head was throbbing a little, but it's nothing he could not manage. His gaze fluttered to the weight on his shoulder, he wasn't sure how but it seemed like the role was reversed. ________'s head was the one leaning on his shoulder instead, and the cloak was covering the both of them. Norman smiled at the sight of the sleeping girl and patted her head several times affectionately. His head turned to see the pile of papers he needed to do and the messy desk that he left unattended due to the sudden unpleasant seizure he had. But that wasn't too bad now that he ended up with this kind of situation. However, it's time to end the fairy tale and return to work. So, Norman attempted to slip out and let the girl sleep in peace on the sofa. Getting ________ away from his body in a sitting position was an easy piece of cake. He then proceeded to the next step, carrying her into the sofa so she could sleep comfortably. He placed her arms around his shoulder and carried her body to maintain the balance better and lessen the load. His mind traveled to that specific time when he failed to carry a wounded ________ that one time in the past. He sighed at the embarrassing memory and was determined to get stronger since then. Now that he's grown, he gained a little more strength, but that doesn't mean it's an easy task either. Once they reached the couch, a problem occurred. She won't let her arms off around him. 

"No, Norman, you have to rest." ________ mumbled in her sleep. 

"Are-are you awake?" Norman asked while trying to support his weight from crashing the poor girl with his hands. The girl stayed asleep and didn't respond further. Norman can't seem to release himself from her deathly grip, so he chuckled in defeat. 

"Fine, I'll rest- I'll rest." He sighed and dropped down next to her. Being a major source of warmth, the girl hugged him even closer for comfort, the size of the couch didn't help at all either. And that's what happened and stayed straight on till morning. But of course Norman isn't going to tell everything completely, like his thoughts and feelings. Though, he's completely fine with looking at her reaction once she found out the things she did while she was asleep.

*************end*************

"I-I did that?" I stared at Norman in horror. 

He nodded with the usual smile plastered after telling me what exactly happened after I dozed off. I placed my palms on my face in regret.

"What have I done." I whimpered in embarrassment. 

"It's fine it's fine." He patted my head in an attempt to comfort me. 

I mean it's sure is normal, we practically spend some days sleeping together when we're kids back at Grace Field. However, I'm not sure as to why my heart beats so fast right now. It's almost bursting out from my ribcage, thumping so loud that it echoes throughout my form. I just hope he's not able to hear it at all. What is happening. 

"Boss!" A sudden voice called out from the other side of the door, startling the both of us at the process. 

"We're here to talk about the plan!" It sounds like Barbara's voice is quite lively so early in the morning. 

Soon, the door was thrown open by brute strength, and we weren't ready for any guests at the moment. They were not aware of anything, until all of us made eye contact, everyone froze on the spot. Norman and I were sprawled on the floor, clothes disheveled and bed-haired, because of the scene earlier, Barbara stared at us wide-eyed, Vincent and Cislo, coming a bit later than Barbara went completely silent as they were caught off guard by what was displayed before them. 

"This is not what you think it is." Norman carefully tried to stand up, trying to not disrupt the silence in the air. 

The tension and their curiosity were so at peak, that a small thing could disrupt the balance of things right now.

"Are you sure, cause it seems like we saw what we think it is." Cislo said in a hesitant manner. 

"Fourteen year-olds are those ages where kids started to feel romantic attraction towards one another, it's completely normal." Vincent fixed his glasses and looked away a little. That-that does not sound normal to me at all. 

"B-Boss, are we interrupting you or something? We can return another time." Barbara's lips turned into a teasing smirk. 

"Not at all." Norman and I said at the same time, making everyone stare once again. I need to break this cycle of awkwardness. 

"I-I'm sorry for bothering all of you early in the morning. Norman was sick last night, and I was taking care of him. But, I got tired and slept here. By sheer coincidence, I ended up falling from the couch and Norman was just trying to help me." I explained in a stuttering mess. 

"You know, now that you're feeling better and your comrades are here. I should take my leave as well." I attempted a chuckle and patted Norman's shoulder trying to lessen the tension. 

"Alright. Do you want me to walk you back?" He asked, sounding uncertain. 

"Oh no- no, you don't need to. Please, continue what all of you needed to do." I smiled and bowed at each of them before making a run out from his office. 

Closing the door behind me, I can feel my heart racing so hard and I can finally breathe in more peace. What just happened? I finally took my steps away from the door after regaining some of my strengths, that was until I heard more laughter and chaoticness from inside Norman's office. Er, sorry Norman.